Parasound A23 and 1c’s ......

gyosagyosa Posts: 227
So , I’ve decided that I need a new amp to drive either my new Salks or my Sda 1c’s...
Currently driving my sda 1c’s with a parasound A21 , and it does a fine job ...
Found a 1 year old A23 locally for $500....

Anyone here have any experience using an a23 on 1c’s and what are your thoughts ?
Or, I could use the A23 on the salks .

I also have a EX-442 - but it is currently driving my patio rig....

Anyone have any thoughts ?

Thanks
Bk

Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50, PS Audio 4.6 , Polk SDA 1c’s , Sony 42” - bedroom

B&K EX-442 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - pool

PS Audio Stellar S300 ,Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk Supercharged Songtowers
Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - den

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - patio

Comments

• DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,423
    I'd put the B&K on the 1Cs and find a new amp for the patio rig.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,882
    edited May 10
    DaveHo wrote: »
    I'd put the B&K on the 1Cs and find a new amp for the patio rig.

Agree...the b&k should have plenty of power and it’s overkill for a patio rig imho...I mean 75A peak current for a patio rig?!?
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,472
    An A23 isn't really enough to get the best out of a pair of 1Cs. But at that price it may be worth picking up just to have around and work with.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 Preamp; Classe Model 25 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio Power Director; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Parasound JC2BP and A21; Sony 48" 4K TV; Wyred4Sound DAC 2; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • gyosagyosa Posts: 227
    edited May 10
    I’ve had the 442 since new ....
    Bought it for the 1c’s - used it for years on them .... fantastic combination
    It got moved to patio/pool rig when I got the A21 .....

The 1c’s are the bedroom rig now on the A21..
    The Salks are going in the den to replace klipsch kg4’s which are hooked up to a onkyo tx-rz610 AVR (100 watts on 2 ch only , and not 4 ohm stable) doing light 2 channel duty for music and TV.

So , I obviously don’t want to power the Salks with an AVR .... hence the need for a new amp ...

I don’t think the onkyo will drive my patio / pool Boston acoustics voyager 7’s to acceptable volume levels without distortion... I guess I could try it ...

The A21 is a bit too large for the den’s media cabinet and the wife doesn’t want to look at it .... was going to either remove the rear handles on amp or modify the cabinet.

Wonder if the A23 is enough for the Salks ?

Or maybe the 442 for the Salks , leave a21 for 1c’s and a23 for patio ?

Problem is mid level AVR’s suck for anything other than light duty and we spend a lot of time in pool .... AND the patio rig sounds REALLY good with the 442 ...

Bk

Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50, PS Audio 4.6 , Polk SDA 1c’s , Sony 42” - bedroom

B&K EX-442 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - pool

PS Audio Stellar S300 ,Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk Supercharged Songtowers
    Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - den

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - patio