Marantz ud7007 tray sticks

Options
Hi, I have the same marantz ud7007 player for four years or so now, no other issues but when you first turn the player on you have to help the tray open. I downloaded the service manual last night and see nothing about how to replace parts inside where a belt or gear maybe so I almost feel like the entire tray assembly may need replacing to fix the small problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions? It’s not a really big deal but it’d be nice if it didn’t do this.
Home theater:
43” Westinghouse Displayer
Marantz UD-7007 Player
Emotiva MC-700 Processor
Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
Parasound Zamp Amplifier
Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
Klipsch RC-10 Center
Klipsch R34c Fronts
Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
Parasound P6 Preamplifer
Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier

Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,519
    Options
    I've heard about this with the 7007's. Check to see if the felt around the mouth of
    the opening has come off or askew. You can see a belt with the tray open.
    I've never opened mine but might do so now just to take a look see.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    Denon and Marantz are very similar, some adjustments can alleviate hang up or sticky drawers. Have you called their CS and ran it by them? There may be someone close who can do it.

I've had that (timing) issue on both my 2900 and 3910. It fixed it on my 3910 but about a year later came back on the 2900. Since the 2900 sells for about 100.00 or less it was not worth it for me to pay another 135.00 again for a spare player.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I have an older Denon that operates the same way and I was told it is the belt. Online, I found the suggestion to soak the belt in Dawn dishwasher detergent overnight or purchase a new belt. Living with it since I hardly ever use the player.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    Options
    The buffer I think it is is kinda not so right where it needs to be, I’ve tried pushing it back where it’s supposed to be, I’ll look at it tomorrow.

It stinks there’s nothing on that manual saying a word about replacing the belt or the buffer at all:-( seem like that’d be one of those $20 parts you could buy on eBay hahaha like belts
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    I have an older Denon that operates the same way and I was told it is the belt. Online, I found the suggestion to soak the belt in Dawn dishwasher detergent overnight or purchase a new belt. Living with it since I hardly ever use the player.

Funny thing on both mine started soon after sent back to replace broken belt to open and close drawer. So a new belt is not the problem.