PSW125 with the heartbeat.

HI, I have a PSW125 that has the dreaded heartbeat sound. Noticed it one morning when I got up, and walked into my living room. Took a few minutes to narrow it down to the sub, and after cycling the power switch between settings and unplugging the audio in with no change, I unplugged the power cable to stop it. Last time I tried to plug it back in, it gave 1 thud, then a the slight heartbeat, and no sound when the amplifier was turned on and sending a signal.
The fun part of this, is I bought the unit in Canada, and now I have it here in the U.S. Probably out of warranty period, but whatever help I can get would be great!

Comments

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,495
    I would contact Polk CS, most likely a bad amp. Seems to always start with a heartbeat sound.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • vacsr1vacsr1 Posts: 2
    COLO: Same problem here, only had my sub for about 2 weeks 1/2. Brought it new off eBay. Call CS @ Polk and not getting much help. Was told a new board will be sent to me and then 2 days later I call back and was told they don't make the product anymore. (Really)!. I call back and spoke with a supervisor who then told me that the CSR was out of line and committed to sending me a board. He then call me back and told me the because I ordered new off eBay, that it was not an authorized dealer. But considering the CSR said a new board/amp will be sent to me that they were obligated to honor it. It is now 1 week later and still no board and no communication from Polk. I sent a number of emails and called with no response. Anyone have any Idea's of what the next step would be as I'm getting no where with customer service.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,454
    You should file a claim with eBay/PayPal. They require you return the item to receive your refund.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vacsr1vacsr1 Posts: 2
    F1nut: I did that as well. Claim can take 30days. and the seller don't take returns. In the mean time I don't have a sub. Polk CS instructed me to send in the serial and purchase date. I did that and no communication since. Very frustrating.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,454
    It doesn't matter if the seller doesn't take returns. PayPal will refund your money and it'll happen faster than 30 days.

So, you don't have a working sub this very second. It'll get sorted, but you'll have be a bit patient while the wheels turn. Surely, you can manage that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jlcooperjlcooper Posts: 1
    I have the exact same problem heartbeat with my PSW125. Purchased in 2013, so well out of the warranty period of course.

I called customer service and was given 2 different prices for the replacement amp, $120 and $150. Seriously, I'm supposed to pay up to $150 to replace an amp on a $250 subwoofer, after only 6 years?! The sub was used lightly as well, on a basic home audio system.

Crazy, I don't see a reason to purchase any Polk products in the future, or recommend them to anyone. Very disappointed Polk.