This Should Be Interesting - Help Me Spend Money - New (Used) Tower Speakers...

124»

Comments

• mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,887
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Sooooo….How are you liking the Electra's?

Muy Bueno!

At first I wasn't sure, I definitely was impressed with just how good the Lsim705's are in that this wasn't the slam dunk at first listen I was expecting... But in the end, I believe these are definitely keepers.

The older Electra’s are ok. I really wish you could have grabbed stangmans Arias for 1750$ they are exceptional, I think they sound like baby kantas. I’ve heard a lot of the focal line. The Aria is a giant killer speaker! I have them, and new Electra’s. The Electra’s being superior. If Sh$t hit the fan, I would be totally ok living with the Arias. They are super good! Not to mention easy to drive.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,652
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I know you put a hard stop at $1500, but, just a few hundred more would get you a really nice pair of Usher MD2's. I know a guy that can hook that up.

LOVE my MD2's. I don't see them leaving my house for a very long time. As a matter of fact, they may carry me out of the house before the speakers leave :#:D

You can't trust Paul, he's a Texan that speaks Texan, but doesn't own a pair of boots...just sayin'

:D:D:p:pB)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,140
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    You can't trust Paul, he's a Texan that speaks Texan, but doesn't own a pair of boots...just sayin'

:D:D:p:pB)

I ain't got no idear whut yer talkin bout.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 655
    Texan and no boots?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, B&K 4420 Reference, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,573
    Milito wrote: »
    Texan and no boots?

Flip flops and azzless chaps...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”