Spring is here!!!

verb
verb Posts: 10,176
In just a few short hours, Spring will be upon us! I for one am glad. Not a terrible winter this year, but is seems the older I get, the more I hate the cold weather.

Soon enough, the toys will come out. And sitting outside on the porch enjoying a nice adult beverage and cigar! Among many other fun things! :smile:

u24lig9yo685.png
https://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-spring-vernal-equinox
Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited March 2019
    Bah humbug! It's already getting hot here, we only get 2 weeks or so of Spring then it goes in the triple digits.

Right now it's 84 and in a week it will be 89...on a cloudy day....and I have a dark car....ugh.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,038
    Just finished tying up a bunch of hendricksons & elk-hair caddis.

Trout stream time bloody soon!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    It was 22 this morning. Bring it on!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • verb
    Well I remember about a week ago having to scrape an inch of ice off the windshield, near zero degrees, warming the car up so the Mrs and I can drive to work. Oh yeah, made sure her heated seats were turned on! :smile:

Where do you live my man @codycatalist ?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    Just finished tying up a bunch of hendricksons & elk-hair caddis.

Trout stream time bloody soon!

Love it! :smile:
  • verb
    Today it actually got up to 50 degrees. Already saw quite a few motor cycles out there! Yeah! :smile:
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    i probably had a 200 square foot patch of rabbit cabbage in the far back yard. Had to drive around the weeds a few weeks early this year.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    verb wrote: »
    Well I remember about a week ago having to scrape an inch of ice off the windshield, near zero degrees, warming the car up so the Mrs and I can drive to work. Oh yeah, made sure her heated seats were turned on! :smile:

Where do you live my man @codycatalist ?

Sunny Mesa, Az my Midwest friend.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    edited March 2019
    Regardless of the day/month of the year, spring for me is when I clock the 1st 100+ miles on my H-D . . . Maybe this Sunday!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,457
    I "was" thinking about putting the snowblower away, but, not yet. We've had snow in April up here, so, no, it's not spring. I don't care what the calendar says...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Regardless of the day/month of the year, spring for me is when I clock the 1st 100+ miles on my H-D . . . Maybe this Sunday!

Yup...kids are on break this week. Only 55 today but that may be enough for a little venture.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    edited March 2019
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    gaxradgt5ma6.jpg
    If you say so.....
    It took me less than 30 seconds to find your house on Google maps after seeing that picture. :p

Don't tell Russ!!

And who says that's my house and not just a pic a friend's place that I thought would portray spring here?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,636
    Strange weather here in the PNW. Last month we had the snowiest February on record, yesterday we hit 79 degrees, warmest on record for that day. Supposed to be mid 70's today. No complaints here....
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    Willow wrote: »
    And who says that's my house and not just a pic a friend's place that I thought would portray spring here?

I guess your friend had it removed. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,465
    Been a little cooler than normal around here lately, but not too bad. Last weekend I made the conscious decision to leave the snow shovel in the garage for another week or two so as to not jink myself.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2019
    WOOT, I gotta cut my gravel!or4qud84ec7v.jpg

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • verb
    Wow! Looks great Steve! :smile:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2019
    Thank you! She's cold as ice though. No heater. She'll be swimmable by mid-May.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • verb
    60° partly sunny in Michigan! Woohoo! Love Spring! :smile:
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Spring is here...........................and so are my allergies *ATCHOOO!!* :s
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    edited March 2019
    That song, "Isn't it ironic" hit me hard this spring. We have had relentless rain where I live for basically months. So much so, that my ditch hasn't been able to be mowed since December.

Every available chance I had to seed the lawn when it wasn't raining, I was either working or had other obligations. It usually takes me about 5 hours to seed the lawn, so I bought a tow behind 190 pound spreader for the tractor.

Last Saturday, I finally found a slot to where I could seed the lawn. Had it wrapped up in record time....2 hours flat. 360 pounds of seed.

Hasn't rained since.

Spring can go **** herself.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • honestaquarian
    Be careful about what you say about yo girl Mother Nature. She'll hit yer ****$ with a lightning bolt so fast................. :#
  • treitz3
    She has already hit me. I'm safe with a considerable loss.

The Bi*** never strikes twice, so I'm good.

LOL

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • honestaquarian
    If you're married THINK AGAIN!!! :D;)>:)
  • verb
    62 degrees in SE Michigan today! And, I believe our very own @GlennDog took his Harley out for a ride today! Jealous here! :smile:
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    There's always the weekend. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    ......and I'm looking forward to it!

Tom
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Ditto or firing up the pinto!
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds