PS Audio Stellar S300 power amplifier

13»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited July 2019
    They wouldn't be covered under warranty, but that's obvious.

It's not clear to me from Gustavo's post if he's actually doing business with Walter, it just sounds like Walter advised him on the voltage differences and said it can be easily modified for 220v. For all we know, Gustavo has a relative who lives here in the US who would be shipping them to Uruguay.
  • Clipdat
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I don't understand how the dealer would be responsible for what a customer does with a product post-sale. What about situations where the customer moves to another country and wants to take their gear with them?
  • Clipdat
    edited July 2019
    Right. I agree, but I highly doubt that Walter would jeopardize his dealer status by shipping to a non US address just to move a unit.
    gvera wrote: »
    I want to buy them in USA and import them

From his post, it sounds like Gustavo would be purchasing it here and then doing the importation himself.
  • gvera
    gvera Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Wally make it clear that he won't sell me the stellars as he's not authorized dealer for Uruguay. I will have a friend in hhe USA buy them for me and then forward them to Uruguay.
    Sorry for the misunderstandig.
    Post edited by gvera on
  • Clipdat
    gvera wrote: »
    Wally make it clear that he won't sell me the stellars as he's not authorized dealer for Uruguay. I will have a friend in hhe USA buy them for me and then forward them to Uruguay.
    Sorry for the misunderstandig.

Sorry that we don't have any help to offer you regarding the voltage conversion. I tried to google it but just found a few vague threads, where people mentioned that "Class D is easy to switch to 220v", but nothing specific about the PS Audio stuff.
  • gvera
    gvera Posts: 3
    Thanks anyway.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    PS has great customer service, and, they may even help you if you were to tell them that you bought it here and then had to move it abroad. I'm not sure what the transformer looks like in that unit, but, if you're capable of working with electronics it may be a simple process.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Purchased my Directstream DAC from the US when living in Germany. Legally purchased as US military abroad and shipped via USPS/APO. Contacted PS Audio to ask about moving wires as it's also 220V capable. Nope...they wouldn't tell me how. Did find one picture on-line (from a former eastern block country) and was confident I knew what to do but very reluctant to do so on a new piece and without confirmation. Would void the warranty.

Was told I could send it back to Bolder or have the German PS Audio rep do so. Either way it would've been out of pocket. Said screw it and ran it on a transformer....which, later, led me to investigate passive line conditioners and purchase of said conditioner, but I digress.

PS Audio will let you do lots of things under the hood for direct warranty work when it benefits them (ask me how I know) but, to my knowledge, won't give out schematic type info. Especially when it bypasses their international dealers. With that said, no harm in asking.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬