Polk Command Bar Alexa Offline

Alexa is offline almost everyday since I bought the Command Bar a week ago. I have to reset it every time via Polk app. When I do the reset if doesn’t even show the Command Bar in the app. What’s the point of having Alexa integration when Alexa doesn’t even work. The sound works with my TV. It’s just Alexa. Any fix? If not I’m returning to Best Buy and buying a different brand and Echo Dot.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited February 2019
    You aren’t cheating on her with Siri, are you? Alexa tends to be just a bit jealous....

J/k... hopefully Ken Swauger will see your post and get it to the right people at Polk to help out.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Let me bring this to Polk's attention.
  • I really want to keep my Command Bar, but this problem is a make it or break it.

Also, is there anyway the wake word can change. I got an Alexa in my life lol
  • I'm having the same issue...it seems that if I lose internet connection (which happens sometimes) I have to reset Alexa through the Polk app. It is getting annoying. The Amazon Echo will automatically reconnect when I lose connection. Please any assistance would be appreciated.
  • Debbbie
    Debbbie Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue with having to reset the command bar frequently. We always lose sound from the soundbar when changing from TV to Amazon or Netflix, etc. I have always been able to reset and get Alexa back but now it's offline and I can't get it reconnected. The bar is only 2 months old.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    The CIA will look into it.. .
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The CIA will look into it.. .

I think they already are...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You're both wrong, it's the NSA that listens and listen they do.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dwex
    dwex Posts: 1
    Same problem. Got Command Bar a few days ago, but it loses wifi connection at least once or sometimes more per day. No problem with other devices on wifi. Command Bar reconnects if I just unplug it and plug it in again. This is ridiculous!
  • karlstar1
    karlstar1 Posts: 1
    Same problem..Polk obviously did not integrate Alexa properly and shame on Polk for keeping us in the dark on solution(s) while marketing a defective technology
  • Same problem.

Also it mutes when the Echo Show is in use
  • briankw
    briankw Posts: 1
    This also happens to mine also, unfortunately it’s to late to take back to Best Buy. Does the warranty cover this. I am sick of it.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    F1nut wrote: »
    You're both wrong, it's the NSA that listens and listen they do.
    Smartphones can check e-mail, record videos and even stream NPR. Now NASA has discovered they make pretty decent satellites, too. ... The PhoneSats started as a project among young engineers working at the NASA Ames Research Center in California. Jim Cockrell, the project's manager, says it began as a hallway conversation.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Spammer reported