Cary Audio Design CPA-1 Stereo Preamp - SOLD

halohalo Posts: 4,748
edited January 21 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Excellent condition Cary CPA1 preamplifier. Balanced inputs and outputs, dual mono design, HT bypass, built like a tank. This piece has been in my system for a while and it's the best sounding solid-state preamp I've ever owned. You literally get the Cary "tube sound" without the tubes. Amazing piece of equipment that will squash anything near this price range.

Original packing materials, box, manual, and remote control included. Very conservatively rated at a Solid 8/10.

Price is $750 for all Polk Forum members with at least 100 posts. Price is $850 for anyone else. Shipping price is included in my asking price. PayPal gift preferred. Please add 3.5% for non-PayPal gift payments.
34074130713_5c0d12f1aa_b.jpg
865047-cary-audio-cpa-1-preamp-as-new.jpg
865046-cary-audio-cpa-1-preamp-as-new.jpg
865045-cary-audio-cpa-1-preamp-as-new.jpg
Post edited by halo on

Comments

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,697
    SOLD. I'll take it.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 916
    ^Thank You!
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,061
    Thank you!
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 916
    Yeah just bad timing for me.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,202
    monepolk wrote: »
    Yeah just bad timing for me.

You snooze, you lose. :)
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,202
    Halo, you still have time to include "Sold" in the title, no need to borrow Ken.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • verbverb Posts: 4,801
    Congrats Vic for the quick sale! You're lucky, @treitz3 that I was, well, indisposed, at the time! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    edited January 21
    Well, according to the timeline...you were only only "indisposed" for 5 minutes. Quit watching P O R N on the porcelain God and next time? You may be golden....more so than what you think your phone offers you.

It happens....(Just think....Russ looks up sheep and dreams the like dreams...so you are WELL above the norm)

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • halohalo Posts: 4,748
    verb wrote: »
    Congrats Vic for the quick sale! You're lucky, @treitz3 that I was, well, indisposed, at the time! :smile:

Dave,

I would've been very interested in your comparison of the CPA-1 vs all the other amazing preamps you've stockpiled acquired recently :)
    This unit is back up for sale. Just like the last Cary I tried in my rig, the synergy just is not there. There has got to be something about Cary gear that simply does not work in my rig.

I will honor the same price I got it for. Located near Charlotte, NC. I also travel down to the Greenville, SC area pretty often and would be willing to meet up for a hand off.

Tom

• VR3VR3 Posts: 22,601
    Id probably start a new thread with fresh pics
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    I will. Don't have time tonight. That thing called "work"....

Tom

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,766
    Tom, just send it here and start your own Midwestern warehouse like @lightman1
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,573
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Tom, just send it here and start your own Midwestern warehouse like @lightman1

Hey now, no mixing of the warehouses. Which means I'll volunteer for the other. :)
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-