KEF Q150 Speakers

halohalo Posts: 5,204
The Wirecutter's best bookshelf speakers for most stereos (as the "upgrade" option over the Q Acoustics 3020) is on sale now from Crutchfield or KEF Direct for only $299 (Normal price is $549). The sale price is valid through January 31st or until supplies run out. Available in black or white.

g991Q150B-F.jpg
g991Q150W-F.jpg

Comments

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,890
    Also on amazon!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,010
    Sweet. Darn good sale and some great reviews on them
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,632
    Hmm... I was planning on getting Dali Oberons, but with these so cheap... anyone know how these might compare? They do look good. :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • halohalo Posts: 5,204
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Hmm... I was planning on getting Dali Oberons, but with these so cheap... anyone know how these might compare? They do look good. :)

While I've never heard the Dali's for myself, I get the impression that they wouldn't require a sub for the low notes whereas the KEF speakers may need a little help in that area. If you order them from Crutchfield, you have 60 days to audition them and if you don't like them, return shipping is only $10.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,632
    halo wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »

While I've never heard the Dali's for myself, I get the impression that they wouldn't require a sub for the low notes whereas the KEF speakers may need a little help in that area. If you order them from Crutchfield, you have 60 days to audition them and if you don't like them, return shipping is only $10.

With the saved money, I'd have plenty left over for a sub, and I already have one I can use in the meantime... I'll have to think a bit.
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk