Magnifi MAX SR - Chirping/Popping or Perfect System Poll

Trying to get a gauge to see if some people actually have perfectly performing systems. And maybe see if some people were able to troubleshoot the chirps and pops.

Magnifi MAX SR - Chirping/Popping or Perfect System Poll 7 votes

Nope! No chirping or popping! The system is perfect!
14%
RobertGrafton 1 vote
Typically I get a few chirps out of the right surround speaker.
28%
Miotchsecretgman 2 votes
I hear chirping and popping out of both surround speakers.
14%
zkell99 1 vote
My system is possessed! I have chirping and popping coming out the surrounds and the bass!
14%
Rosaski 1 vote
I gave up and returned them... or tossed them... depending on your tolerance level.
0%
My speakers were chirping, but I fixed it! (Please tell the rest of us how)
28%
joesephKaudiofan74 2 votes

Comments

• MiotchMiotch Posts: 2
    Typically I get a few chirps out of the right surround speaker.
    Help !!! About to send it back. Love it, but chirping driving me crazy
  • My speakers were chirping, but I fixed it! (Please tell the rest of us how)
    I posted this in another thread, but thought it would be helpful here as well:

Just want to give you all hope. I emailed one of the contacts at Polk listed on one of the previous pages of this thread. Didn't really expect to hear anything back. After a few days, someone contacted me from their parent company letting me know that Polk technicians are hard at work trying to find a solution to the chirping and crackling coming from the back speakers. I bought a refurbished system directly from Polk via Ebay around Christmas. They asked if they could push their latest beta build of the firmware to my soundbar... I literally had nothing to lose... so I agreed. That evening, firmware 108 was installed on my soundbar and haven't heard a chirp or pop since. FINALLY!!!! It's been two weeks now. I tried the media that always caused chirping and nothing... no birds in the speakers. I didn't want to post anything here until I knew it was gone. They mentioned that 108 would be released in a few weeks... which was a couple of weeks ago. So hang tight, it's gotta be released pretty soon.