new christmas toy

marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,862
edited December 2018 in Speakers
got a pair of soundtech mc-15, a harbeth p3esr clone from china. gets good press over in singapore. i just listened to it briefly before christmas and so far so good, i'll have to hit skip up to to listen to the harbeths. notice the listed price is in singapore dollars.

same specs as the harbeths, the 83.5 db rating had me afraid but my 60 watt yaqin had no problems. will get back after some more listening. could be a killer deal.

https://www.vinshineaudio.com/soundtech
that's $655.25 us /pair
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=246337.0

Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Wow that looks very cool. I would be interested to hear how they compare as I have always loved how they sound. Congrats Marvin.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Congrats.

They DO sound pretty darn good!
    https://youtu.be/nfl90imKJK0
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited December 2018
    ^^Sound as good as my computer speakers.

I guess because I am listening through them.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    No sub? Also curious have you tried with SS amps? If so, was it a displeasing change?
  • Tony M
    ^^Sound as good as my computer speakers.

I guess because I am listening through them.

Do you hear any distortion?
  • ^^Actually no.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Tony M
    Me neither. I did hear what seemed to be some very nice sounding speakers the guy was videoing.

I get your point though. ;):)