TCL 55R617 with polk audio magnifi one soundbar? how can I get volume working?

my tv (TCL 55R6517) uses an RF remote. my understanding is that I cannot teach the soundbar the volume commands since it is not IR?

is there any option to allow me to use the tv's remote volume to control the soundbar volume?

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Some TVs you have to tell it you’re using external speakers, others you have to use the ARC enabled HDMI port.
  • redi6
    redi6 Posts: 2
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Some TVs you have to tell it you’re using external speakers, others you have to use the ARC enabled HDMI port.

Ok thanks. In my case the soundbar only has optical in from the TV. So no HDMI to the soundbar. I'll check TV setting though. Haven't set anything up yet.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Interesting, I have a family member that has a Panasonic TV that I couldn't get to work when I last tried. The TV has an ARC port but still no dice. I'll have try try a few other things when I get back in town next week.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    My Panasonic you have to go into the menu and tell the TV that you’re going to use external speakers.