Command Bar / Echo Dot Solid Red Ring

Options
I keep having to unplug the Command Bar from the wall to get the built in Echo Dot to reboot as so often when I say "Alexa" to give a command, the light ring turns solid red and Alexa says "I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding right now. Please try again later." This does not happen on any other Alexa device I have in my house except for the Echo Dot built into the Command Bar. I have spoken to Amazon's Echo Dot department multiple times about it, but it seems it may be a problem on Polk Audio's side. Please advise.

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Who's Alexa and what's an Echo Dot?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ibims
    ibims Posts: 3
    Options
    dude. you have the same poblem like me. the thing is that the command bar looses the wlan because the polk connect app deletes our profile. i tried with new profile now 3 times. every second day the app deletes the profile and alexa has no internet again. If you look at my post you can see no one is helping us but when you check the reviews for the connect app a lot of users have the problem. add me on skype if you like: acelimper
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm sorry there's a problem, let me refer this to a friend in Polk engineering who is familiar with the Command Bar.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    His response:
    "This is a known issue and only seems to happen with certain WiFi networks. The fix is already in place and a firmware update will be released in 1-2 weeks."
  • ibims
    ibims Posts: 3
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Certain networks. This is funny. I have a Fritz Box :D ok when they work on it its ok for me but if not its really messed up for me and lot of others i guess. hope they can fix it ! thank you for youre answer my friend.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ScottSalo
    Options
    I have a Command Bar with a red ring. It occurred once before. But, it was corrected mysteriously with an array of trial and error guesswork. Subsequently unable to know what the fix was. It is now Sept 2021, three years past the last post. So, I am guessing the firmware fix didn't take. Is there a reset option available? I have only had this setup for a short while. I am really bothered by that, in addition to the initial concern. Who do I contact?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I recommend sending an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com for assistance.