46 Store Audio Mall

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,804
Too bad there's nothing like this in America.

https://youtu.be/ejmQ_IDgNsU
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Too bad there's nothing like this in America.

https://youtu.be/ejmQ_IDgNsU

Love his reviews and have been subscibed to his YouTube channel for a while now. That's where I was introduced to the Nagaoka MP-110 phono cart!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    We do have something like this, it's called Best Buy... :D

It is too bad, but honestly, where would they put it?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    About the only US location something like that would work would be in New York. Singapore serves as a gateway to trading in Asia and gets people from all over the world visiting for business. Lots of money in a very densely populated and very expensive commercial city there. I have a cousin who's been living there and doing construction related business in Singapore and China for the last couple decades.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I dunno man, you put a place like that in NY, the prices would be sky high to reflect the costs of retail space in NY.

You'd have to go just on the outskirts of a major city. However, they'd probably go bankrupt in no time as we Americans in general have lost our desires for good quality sound. Plus most here would never spend that kind of coin on audio, we're poor on the disposable income side of things. Higher end audio is a niche market here in the states.

Singapore, and the Asian market is a hot bed these days for higher end audio. America, not so much, unless you consider audio from your Echo dot hi-fi.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    edited December 2018
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    I dunno man, you put a place like that in NY, the prices would be sky high to reflect the costs of retail space in NY.

You'd have to go just on the outskirts of a major city. However, they'd probably go bankrupt in no time as we Americans in general have lost our desires for good quality sound. Plus most here would never spend that kind of coin on audio, we're poor on the disposable income side of things. Higher end audio is a niche market here in the states.

Singapore, and the Asian market is a hot bed these days for higher end audio. America, not so much, unless you consider audio from your Echo dot hi-fi.
    I have 2 Echo Dots as my main speakers...the imaging is mind blowing!

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    I was forward deployed to Singapore for 6 months, while I never went to that specific mall, there are many just like it with 50-100 electronics stores, many of which are hifi based. Singapore is a really crazy place with lots of money flying around
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    That was really quite the treat! It reminded me of the "few" stores I went to years ago which helped me get into the whole "home" audio addiction. I watched practically the whole thing but didn't see any stores offering Polk Audio, weird, maybe they aren't popular overseas as much?
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Wow, I breezed through the video after his introduction and LOVED seeing those stores!

Almost the way things here were years ago when the malls were happening places. Not so much audio but thriving economies. I need to go visit our mall and see what it looks like now.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    edited December 2018
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    I watched practically the whole thing but didn't see any stores offering Polk Audio, weird, maybe they aren't popular overseas as much?

Just shy of the 9:35 mark they mention Polk (in text that lasts about a nano second!)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ok. Tryng now to talk the wife into an Asian vacation. Will report back my resu...never mind she said no.