Simple sda 2b tl upgrade question

13»

Comments

• But I don't think sonicap website has 12w 2.7ohm
    Or 12w .22ohm. one if them is not available in 12w power rating
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,930
    2.7 ohm 12 watt. http://www.soniccraft.com/product_info.php/27-ohm-vishay-mills-mra-12-p-4636

You want a 0.5 ohm not a .22 ohm. The 0.5 ohm is only available is the 5 watt version. http://www.soniccraft.com/product_info.php/050-ohm-vishay-mills-mra-p-4610
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• For High pass:
    2 x 2.7 Ohm Vishay Mills MRA-12
    2 x Gen I Sonicap 12 uF 200VDC
    2 x Gen I Sonicap 5.8 uF 200VDC
    2 x 0.5 Ohm Vishay Mills MRA-5(5watt)
    For Low pass:
    2 x Clarity PX 20uf
    2 x Clarity PX 40uf

So basically this is the complete list for anyone to convert sl2000/rdo194 Polk sda-crs+ or sda 2b to sl3000/rdo198 version right

Really appreciate

So .5ohm instead of .22ohm is to accommodate sl3000/rdo198 tweeter
    No, the 0.5 ohm resistor is used to compensate for the resistance of the polyswitch when you remove it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• JonathanPetersonJonathanPeterson Posts: 51
    edited February 2
    2 x 2.7 Ohm Vishay Mills MRA-12
    2 x Gen I Sonicap 12 uF 200VDC
    2 x Gen I Sonicap 5.8 uF 200VDC
    2 x 0.5 Ohm Vishay Mills MRA-5(5watt)
    For Low pass:
    2 x Clarity PX 20uf
    2 x Clarity PX 40uf

Plus 5.8 uF capacitor if I remember correctly. Which one. 100 , 200v. I don't have schematics in front of me now but I remember 5.8uF and solder it parallel with .5ohm(which will replace .22ohm after polyswitch removal)

Would be good to make a sticky of rdo198 upgrade
  • JonathanPetersonJonathanPeterson Posts: 51
    edited February 2
    And what's the purpose of poly switch? Protects tweeter from blowing if I lose my mind and plug speakers to an adcom?
    Woofers will still blown up right if polks are powered by an adcom
    It's a thermal reset device. As it gets tripped it begins to degrade and trip more often.

President of Club Polk