Hybrid Monitor 7 stands

Does anyone have dimensions for the pedestal for this monitor stand?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/mhardy6647/earlypolkfamilyportrait.jpg

Going to build stands for some 7C's and want to imitate this design with different materials but I need the specs for the pedestal. If anyone has some, or knows the specs I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,180
    pi11fujbzqw0.jpg
    You can adjust the height if you wish.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • JonesyJonesy Posts: 189
    Perfect! Thanks!
    You're welcome. One of our Members @TennMan made a pair entirely out of pre-finished shelving. They came out beautiful, and required no stain or sealer. Make the right cuts, and there are no exposed/raw edges.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps

dhsspeakerservice.com/

• Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 352
    You're welcome. One of our Members @TennMan made a pair entirely out of pre-finished shelving. They came out beautiful, and required no stain or sealer. Make the right cuts, and there are no exposed/raw edges.

I believe I followed his version of the stands using the same shelving from either Home Depot or Lowes a few years ago. I just used a different color shelf than he did. They turned out great. I used them with my monitor 7s that are now gone(regrettably). Like he said, you just need to be mindful of where your cuts are so that the only unfinished edges will be towards the back of the stands.

Let me see if i can dig up a picture or two maybe.
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 352
    Here is a picture of the stands @TennMan built.
    fesrdigja5y9.jpg

Here's mine, I built mine just a little taller than his due to my listening room situation at the time.
    q46wenzzvtoa.jpg

Very Nice!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Den:

dhsspeakerservice.com/

• TennManTennMan Posts: 1,002
    Someone on the forum named Jack also made stands like the ones I made that turned out nice. He dressed his up a little by adding the Polk badges which I thought was a nice touch.

o9uoqfzujf1o.jpg
    SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat · Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • machonemachone Posts: 1,019
    I like it. Nice job!
    Mojo Audio Joule v5>>Quantum Byte w/JRiver 24 and Fidelizer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts PA-6 Elite Mod)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modified)...SDA-1A (Fully Modified with Dimensional Tweeter Delete)
    1KVA Dreadnought
    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"