These are strange looking critters

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
- Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
Visuals
http://StretchPhotography.com
http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 30,161
    Not really, older models but still pretty sweet if one needs the power.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,110
    Strange in that they're... cylindrical. I don't think I've ever seen cylindrical amps.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,460
    Those are sweet... not 4k sweet but he is right, not many want to sell them.
  • decaldecal Posts: 3,093
    Fugly in my opinion.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,259
    Double as a forced air space heater?
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,371
    Bet they sound killer
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    VR3 wrote: »
    Bet they sound killer

they do
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,542
    The real Mark Levinson, way back when, made a high-powered Class A monoblock that looked like a space heater... and heated like one, too. Sounded darned good, though.

There was a fellow in central MA who had a pair of 'em driving Pipe Dreams. About as diametrically opposed philosophically to my approach to hifi as can be imagined -- but it was a fine sounding system indeed.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,746
    I agree, they are strange looking. I mean, who thinks those are NORMAL looking amps?
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
    stretchl wrote: »
    Strange in that they're... cylindrical. I don't think I've ever seen cylindrical amps.

Made for tight spaces to go behind/next to the speakers. They also have a fan at the top to cool.