Carver Amazing Loudspeakers..

Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,948
I think the Polk 1.2’s want them out of their way.. LOL!!

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/carver-amazing-loudspeakers/6691032466.html

294pabrdkp3v.png

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,631
    Should be 4 woofers......foam is likely rotted anyway.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,564
    Wish they were closer...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,479
    Wish they were closer...

Hop skip and a jump pal you're there..
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,288
    edited September 10
    Only one person that I know of that works on the ribbins. Needs a solid amp that can dip to 1 ohm as well. When i had mine, it shut down a few amps until i got ones that could handle that kind of load.
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Elite SC27, LSI25
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,535
    I traveled from NC to the panhandle of Florida for a pair of these....

They lasted a week, TBT.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • halohalo Posts: 4,483
    erniejade wrote: »
    Only one person that I know of that works on the ribbins. Needs a solid amp that can dip to 1 ohm as well. When i had mine, it shut down a few amps until i got ones that could handle that kind of load.

One of these should suffice: Sanders Sound Systems ESL Mark II amplifier.
    sliverampfrontangle.jpg

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,564
    Looking at a pair of the Amazing Line Source as well, but as you said Jesse, I keep coming back to SDA. Hard to part with that kind of coin for speakers and not hear them in my own space first.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• tonybtonyb Posts: 30,168
    Also heard some out in Rockford at a meet, not impressed honestly.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 497
    halo wrote: »
    sliverampfrontangle.jpg

Wow! That's just sick! Lifetime warranty to boot! I know what my upgrade will be...
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    B&K Reference 50 Pre
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    Cambridge Audio DVD 99
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • JstasJstas Posts: 13,688
    I have a pair, non-platinums, two blown woofers in the right channel. The motor structure attachment to the back of the flat speaker diaphragm gave up the ghost.

Replacements are expensive and hard to come by but I powered mine with Carver Silver 7t's and while they didn't reach ear bleeding levels, they had no problems powering them to decent SPL. One of the most true to life speakers I've ever heard.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,948
    halo wrote: »

sliverampfrontangle.jpg

I found myself going back to their room a number of times a RMAF, love their offerings...

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,131

I know of one or two, there's a guy in NC that started working on them recently, and secured a new ribbon material that was signed off on by Bob himself (and he heard a pair using it at Carverfest). I know of a guy in MI that also works on them, I think using the original materials.

But one reason I'd love to hear a pair, but prob never own.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,332
    https://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/d/carver-platinum-amazing/6658219683.html
    a few hours down the road from me. Deal? Not that I have $1200, of course.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.