HDD

So I plugged my 2tb ext HDD into my new AVR via USB. Has about 5k CDs on it. The menu starts at Recycle Bin and then only "S" and "T" show up. About 500 files. Wat can be don to read entire file? If anything? Thanks

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,482
    The AVR might not have the capability to handle a drive over 32gb
    Check manual.
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,388
    joecoulson wrote: »
    The AVR might not have the capability to handle a drive over 32gb
    Check manual.

I have. Nothing about capacity. Also, can find anything online about it.
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,121
    Is it a new drive? If so, did u format or before hooking it up to your AVR? If not, is there anything else on it?
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
    Same drive I have been using with Streamagic 6. FLAC filed formatted to Fat 32
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,375
    Which AVR are you using?
    How are you accessing the disk contents? Smartphone app for the AVR, on screen display, or just the AVR remote?
    I disabled signatures.
    TSR 7810. Using smartphone android app
    It does say its for portable devices, so im guessing there is a limited file size, just doesnt say what it is anywhere
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,032
    It goes without saying that I know zero about this :p but the topic piqued my curiosity, so I've been googlin'.

Did you (the OP) see this?
    https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2665569-official-yamaha-tsr-7810-rx-v781-owner-s-thread-51.html#post55798064

Some chatter in this thread (which is huge) on the recognition of files/folders on USB devices that might??? be relevant.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,482
    I stand by my statement that if it reads the drive, it reads a portion of the drive but not all of it that means it is not recognizing the size of the drive, meaning the usb connection is meant for portable thumb sticks with a max of 32 or possibly 64 GB
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,375
    Yeah, just read through the manual a bit to see if I could find anything. I think you're right d - only specifies the format, but nothing on limit. I saw the same note as you where they talk about the intended use. P145

xy9jhxvue0de.png
    I disabled signatures.
    Ya, thanks for looking. Guess ill stay with the SM6 and its sucky app