Simon and Garfunkel's "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme" coming to Mobile Fidelity SACD

Just in case any one is interested. I received an email from Music Direct (MoFi's parent company) that the SACD of "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme" is coming soon.

When Music Direct advertises it's "coming soon", I think within the next 2 weeks.

Comments

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,322
    Thanks for the news. Do they have a price listed?
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,959
    Nice! Finally will be able to pick up Scarborough Fair on a superior and relatively affordable format!
    I see now that its $29.99 and not multi-channel but Kevin Gray which should mean sounds real nice. I could easily spend a ton of dough on their site. Will be ordering this one, though.
    Just ordered it. Lookin at some Lightnin' Hopkins too. Must resist.
  • stuweestuwee Posts: 1,536
    I'd love to hear it up against my garage sale $1 first pressing Lp. Amazing recording, sonics and soundstage. 'Bout time someone got ahold of that master tape to do this one.
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,627
    I pre-ordered the vinyl.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• headrottheadrott Posts: 5,348
    F1nut wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the vinyl.

Never thought I would hear that statement from you Jesse. :p
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
    Mind blowing isn't it!?!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• Danny TseDanny Tse Posts: 5,221
    So my guess of 2 weeks was more like 2 months? LOL
    They still don’t have a date unless I’m missing somethjng
    dromunds wrote: »
    They still don’t have a date unless I’m missing somethjng

The SACD is available now. The LP is still TBA.

• aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,173
    I've looked for the SACD also. All websites say "pre-order", coming Nov. 2nd.
    Hmmm, I pre-ordered Aug 27 and when I looked I didn’t see available now. Maybe I’ll be getting the SACD soon
    From Music Direct's site.

Simon and Garfunkel Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme (Numbered Edition Hybrid SACD)
    Music CD
    Availability:
    In Stock: Ships 10/23/2018
    Price $29.99

I ordered PSR&T and American Beauty SACD's tonight from Music Direct (had to buy another something to get free shipping). :)
    You'll like American Beauty, sounds great!

F1nut wrote: »
    From Music Direct's site.

Simon and Garfunkel Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme (Numbered Edition Hybrid SACD)
    Music CD
    Availability:
    In Stock: Ships 10/23/2018
    Price $29.99

Awesome.
    Yep, I just got an email that my SACD has shipped!
    Received mine today. wd5rauz5wqxw.png
    😃
    Just took a minute to look at the back side. Fairly low number.
    yxarioemrny8.jpg
    1qj56t1i59qd.jpeg

Got a pretty low number also
    Anyone know how many copies they made total?
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,348
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Anyone know how many copies they made total?

Don't know, but I'm getting one. :)
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
    I’m liking the sound quality
  • Danny TseDanny Tse Posts: 5,221
    Looks like MoFi switched manufacturers for its SACDs!

Previously, MoFi's SACDs were pressed in Austria by Sony. Looks like MoFi went with Arvato (formerly Sonopress) in Germany.
    It's in stock at Acoustic Sounds now! ;)
    Danny Tse wrote: »
    Looks like MoFi switched manufacturers for its SACDs!

Previously, MoFi's SACDs were pressed in Austria by Sony. Looks like MoFi went with Arvato (formerly Sonopress) in Germany.

Danny, any thoughts as to the quality of the Arvato discs?

Mine’s made in Germany and I’m very happy with the sound quality, can’t really speak to the quality of the disc otherwise
    Thanks Don.