Monitor Audio

Options
2»

Comments

• Montoya
    Montoya Posts: 506
    Options
    If you can demo the tannoy XT6F and XT8F those speakers are really good for the price point.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    We carried Tannoy, yes they are very nice but not a complete line
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    edited March 2020
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    I've had a pair of Silver RS8 towers in my main system since about 2011 that I bought new. They aren't going anywhere. I haven't heard any of the newer models though.

Do you find the tweeter on the silver line a touch hot ? Some RS6's by me for 5 bones, I may have to check out.

Not at all. I can listen to them all day long.

I agree. I wouldn’t call my MA Silver 1s warm, by any measure, but think they don’t steer into brightness either.

They are great at resolving detail, and loud listeners (I’m often one of those) can reach a point of giving up before the speakers do; because of their low distortion I can go louder than I should, and then realize I need to dial back some to preserve my hearing. 😬
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    I'm totally digging the SIlver's. I have to restrict myself from bringing them home and waiting to get my ears on the Gold's. I want to hear that tweeter.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.