Polk sda 2 upgrade and general questions

2»

Comments

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    AUDI0 wrote: »
    I was listening to the speakers as is right now and was wondering what frequencys does the dimension driver play going from speaker to speaker?
    There's no tweeter info going to the midwoofers, and the SDA inductor removes the bottom couple of octaves, so approximately 100--2000 Hz, allowing for some rolloff due to crossover filters.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Schurkey wrote: »
    AUDI0 wrote: »
    I was listening to the speakers as is right now and was wondering what frequencys does the dimension driver play going from speaker to speaker?
    There's no tweeter info going to the midwoofers, and the SDA inductor removes the bottom couple of octaves, so approximately 100--2000 Hz, allowing for some rolloff due to crossover filters.

at a lower volume than that of the stereo woofers.
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    I have two pairs of SDA2's (how I was introduced to Polk back in the mid-late 80's) that eventually need upgrades. Played them for a couple decades before purchasing SDA1C's and others. I view these speakers as possible 'gifts' to both my son and my Alfa Romeo mechanic/business owner, but want to perform some cabinet, tweeter, and crossover upgrades before passing them on.

Sounds like you are re-wiring just for 1 active tweeter per speaker (ordered 2 x rd0-194 tweeters) - that's what I plan to do as well.
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom