Embarrassing Album...

kharp1
kharp1 Posts: 3,453
edited July 2018 in The Clubhouse
You know, the one you're some times reluctant to tell people it's one of your favorite. Well, let's see where this thread leads. Let's try and be respectful adults and not start flaming our friends (still open season on Russ with no tag limit) about their choices. Who knows, there may be some preconceived perceptions that are broken and new appreciation found for something previously overlooked.

Mine is Jimmy Buffett A1A. If you don't know anything about Buffett other than the whole Parrot Head/Margartiaville persona you've missed out on some pretty good writing. Some of his more obscure songs are full of word play from a very well read, well traveled man. Most os his stuff tends to lean to folksy, but, there's lots of comical takes on life with solid literary base.

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    edited July 2018
    Sarah Brightman with a full orchestra...she can sing! My mother permanently borrowed my first copy from me so I bought another. A man needs to get in touch with his sensitive side every now and then. Crank it up to 11.

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Say-Goodbye-Sarah-Brightman/dp/B000SX9NHU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530997606&sr=8-3&keywords=sarah+brightman

krtl0iobx35a.png

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I look forward to reading this thread! Nothing to be embarrassed about. A talented performer is a talented performer regardless of what kind of genre of music they perform.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I have A Flock of Seagulls cd in my collection. Actually it’s a 2 cd best of collection.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    A1A is a fine album.

I have some embarrassing albums -- but they're not favorites.
    I.e., I gotta think about it :)

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Jimmy Buffett, really...?
    Mine is Sade if you dont tell anyone. :#
    She had MASTER recording engineers on several of her albums...
    Good reference recordings for those who like her music.

Sade is beautifully awesome, seen her twice through the years, I would never say I’m embarrassed to listen to that voice.

I guess mine would be the B52’s if I was going to pick one, maybe even Dead or Alive, for some reason I like that stupid song..

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    n68tdbdab5zi.jpg

The Ultimate Bee Gees, I know I know ( right ) even my wife says really and rolls her eyes when she catches me cranking up You Should Be Dancing, and all the other Bee Gees must haves. If you need a fix of some Bee Gees look no further than this most highly recommended double CD of their ultimate hits.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    edited July 2018
    I changed my mind, I can't do it.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • kharp1
    Jimmy Buffett, really...?
    Cast no disparaging remarks now, my only request. This is a judgement free zone. It's one of my favorite albums and if I had to pick a top 100 it would be in it.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    Madonna-Music

Open fire!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,942
    Beastie Boys maybe?
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I have A Flock of Seagulls cd in my collection. Actually it’s a 2 cd best of collection.

A couple days ago they released a new cd with orchestral versions of their best known songs. It is called Ascension.

For what it’s worth the two brothers with the weird haircuts are now bald headed.

I still listen to them regularly, mostly because of the guitar work Paul Reynolds did.

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    The Bee Gees rock, their harmonies stand the test of time right along with the Beach Boys!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2018
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Madonna-Music

Open fire!

I have a copy of Like a V-word (my guess is Vanilla would censor the title).
    It's not a favorite, but I do - really - like the song Living in the Material World.

Speaking of "so, there" ;)

Oh, along the same line -- I enjoyed Desperately Seeking Susan way back when, too.

• lightman1
    Most anything by Echo and the Bunnymen....
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    My favorite has to be Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Chronicle: The best 20 songs”. I know I could get some hate for my favorite album being a best of, but I don’t have any other Creedence Clearwater Revival and it is one of the better recordings I’ve heard (compared to iTunes and my Uncles Creedence Clearwater Revival records). It’s on 180g vinyl, and it is an original pressing from ‘76. Very enjoyable.
    Micah
  • kharp1
    cfrizz wrote: »
    The Bee Gees rock, their harmonies stand the test of time right along with the Beach Boys!

To Love Somebody is one of my all time favorites.

Saw Flock of Seagulls with The Police back in the 80's and thought the Seagulls put on a much better show at that time. Was jamming to Space Age Love Song just the other day.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    My vast collection of Evangelion soundtracks.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    Wow nothing embarrassing listed so far. I was waiting for Celine or kriss Kross.... I can't think of any I'd be embarrassed to post
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127

Listened to them today.
  • lightman1

Listened to them today.

B)
  • mhardy6647

Listened to them today.

B)

Coolest band never! B)

I like that expression -- gonna file it away for future reference :)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    No real particular album per say, I love Christmas music. I get really amped right after Thanksgiving knowing that I can listen to it for a month straight. If it wasn't frowned upon, I'd rock it year round. Especially Barenaked Ladies and Sarah Mclachlan singing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

I also listen to Ninja Sex Party - NSFW every once in a while. :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!