SDA -1C

Options
2»

Comments

  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Pull the PR and post some photos of what the crossover looks like. If its the single rectangular crossover, 4th generation. If it's split round crossovers, could be a transitional PITA.

    Hey hey I got a transitional PITA! :smile: Of which you hooked me up! Thanks David!

    I seem to remember something along those lines...
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

    dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,127
    Options
    The split "round" boards and the single rectangular board on SDA 1Cs have the same circuitry, same component values...in different form factors. NO functional difference as long as both contacts on the SDA socket are connected. Polk did not connect both contacts on some SDA 1Cs and 2Bs, the serial number list has been posted elsewhere. Easily fixed.
  • Rpennino
    Options
    Hi everyone I just joined I recently picked up a pair of SDA 1 c with the horizontal tweeters. They came with no interconnect cable and the pins have two male post and 1 ground hole I did get them for free but was going to use a speaker negative and positive post to hook these up I do have the round coils on the crossovers had not messed with them yet I want to get the service manual with schematic to make sure just connecting the same pins are okay what's your opinion I can't find a pin interconnect with two female ends thanks
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 27,884
    edited September 28
    Options
    Pictures of front of the speaker and back binding post cup with cable socket please. That would help us.
    Thanks
  • Rpennino
    Options
  • Rpennino
    Options
    These seem to be the early version I have two Port holes that control the two upper woofers air escapes when you push them the 4 bottom woofers move with the 12 inch radiator I think they are great once I get everything sorted out thanks for any input
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,127
    Options
    NOT "1C". That's the original SDA1.
  • Bigbang
    Bigbang Posts: 235
    Options
    I think you are correct. SDA1. Not SDA-1c’s.

    But. As long as I’m still the OP on this old thread…

    Can I interest anyone near Indiana in a set of SDA-1c’s of the studio variety? Not the 1c’s in the beginning of this post but some studios I picked up a few years ago. Those or some SDA-CRS’s. They are in the basement next to my 2.3’s that I love. I don’t need to get wealthy but I’d like the room back.

    If anyone has interest and I can get them to someone close, send me your info. Take a look at them and let’s figure out a number that we are both happy with. They both need a new home.

    Now… back to Rpennino.
    I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.