Starting a stint in the hospital

halo
halo Posts: 5,616
It’s no secret that the move to St. Louis has been less than ideal. A gap in my treatment due to the move may have led to an MS exacerbation and that’s got me being admitted to the hospital now. I’ll indergo 3-5 days of IV steroids (not looking forward to that) followed by 1-2 weeks of physical therapy to get me stronger and more independent.

I would appreciate well wishes and positive thoughts.

I hope you are all doing well!
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Sorry to hear about that Victor. I hope your new headphones arrived so you'll at least have some tunes to listen to.

Hope the time passes quickly and you'll be out before you know it.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Thoughts and PRAYERS sent your way. Good luck my friend and keep us up to date. Do you have an address for those that wish to maybe send a card or flowers?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Best of luck Victor. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Best of luck and thoughts and good vibes coming your way.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • halo
    Thanks everyone! You all are already starting to put a smile on my face!
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Sending healing and good thoughts your way Victor!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Prayers coming buddy. Lots of good hospitals in STL. I have 2 sisters there that are both nurses.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Man, that sucks. But hopefully you will emerge in 2-3 weeks stronger and in good spirits! Good luck!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Hope you get well soon, thoughts and prayers from me.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Damn Victor, you sure know how to have a good time.

Be thinking about you, liddle buddy. Hang tight, and we'll ride shotgun and try to give you some comp'ny and laughs.

Special nurse telegrams okay?
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Hey Victor, hoping things are back on the sunny side soon.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Sorry to here this Vic. I know we've shared similar experiences with MS, but, I always liked the 5 day steroid drips...knew I was going to feel better soon. Then the, um, backlog would hit. :(

I've got great respect for you and how you handle your battle. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Good vibes....and best wishes!!...
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Man, sounds pretty rough! Good thoughts winging their way to ya!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Stay strong and get well soon Victor! You're in our thoughts and prayers!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Victor, Russ is only a few hours up the river and I am only an hour and a half beyond that so let either of us know if you need anything and we will make it happen...except hookers. My wife frowns on that.

Get feeling better soon buddy.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    Hang in there man. Not fun.
    I have a lesion in my spinal cord and have been on and off an MS diagnosis. Still not sure. Spinal Taps are inconclusive. Left side is slow and numb sometimes.
    Good thoughts for a quick recovery.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Kick **** Victor. Prayers for a healthy return.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Thoughts and prayers sent. Get out of there soon!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Wish you all the best Victor! We will keep you in our thoughts as you get thru this.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Man some folks will do anything to watch the nurses tail lights...
    Hang in there Victor GOOD KARMA coming your way :D
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Rock-n-Roll and well wishes for a speedy recovery Victor
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Thoughts and prayers coming your way for a speedy return!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Ditto on all the good vibes posted! Feel better soon.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Get well soon Victor!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • halo
    dolbyd wrote: »
    Hang in there man. Not fun.
    I have a lesion in my spinal cord and have been on and off an MS diagnosis. Still not sure. Spinal Taps are inconclusive. Left side is slow and numb sometimes.
    Good thoughts for a quick recovery.

Sorry to hear that. Having a conclusive diagnosis can help. MS is inconclusive enough even with a diagnosis. Thanks for the good thoughts!
  • halo
    DSkip wrote: »
    Got a good pair of headphones?
    Yes! Thankfully, I have a decent set that I can use and don’t care if they grow legs and walk off. Thanks Skip!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560