Options
2»

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited April 2004
    Options
    mabie he's a rep or something?.?.?.
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Man, all i gotz to say is I run an old E-Maschit (emachine). only 600 (0.6Ghz) lol. But with the right mods it runs ok.

Man that was a wierd dell ad ????

I give all you guys props for chuggin along on those old pent. 1's I ran one for years and years... was P1 offbrand @233 like maybe 32mb ram, and get this: 1/2 gig of hard drive! (Now I'm a spoilt gigabyte-maniac with at least 80 in here somewhere :D )

If you EVER invest in faster tech for your comp, get SCSI. that's what I had in the old 233, and it would kick a decked out 450's butt. In short SCSI is fast hard drives for the heavy pocketed people....(like $10 per gig on hdd's)

ok enough rambling... I'll go back to ripping mp3's...
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    Options
    if hes a dell rep then maybe he can give me a discount--ill be getting one soon, i made one online yesterday for 2.6k with an 18" viewable monitor(not flat panel), printer, but no speakers...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Well as for comp speaks I run altec lansing set and have a home-build sub box and 12" under my desk... mmmm rumble rumble. *(Tim Allen grunt)*
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Just FYI- SCSI is not desktop technology. It excels under certain conditions, but in others a plain old ATA-100 drive can surpass the SCSI, and be 1/2 as expensive to boot. Each interface has their place, but for the regular home user I would suggest a standard ATA-100 drive. My favorite one would be the Western Digital 80gb ATA-100 drive with 8mb cache and a 3 year warranty. These days it's my baseline hard drive for systems that I build.

Oh, and I have the best computer speakers.... my 2 channel system! Polk 5jr and Radioshack Nova-6 speakers (don't laugh at the RS, they're from the 70's and actually kick some ****) powered by my 100 watt/ch JVC receiver (no "1000watt PMPO" here :rolleyes: )

:D
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Options
    hey, if anybody wants some computer speakers i have a 5.1 altec lansing setup that's thx certified and sounds realy good, i use my ht setup now instead of those so if you're interested make me an offer and well see what happens
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i might hit you up later, i really dont use my computer speakers much...but after i get this computer (juneish) ill see what happens
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Options
    you've got to have a sound card that does 5.1 though... there are three outputs that go to the sub/amp and then they all go out from there, outputs are for the front two, rear two, and center/sub
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    Options
    yeah, the one he constructed has a 5.1 soundcard. i've got a 2 channel setup with like 80s equipment - receiver, cd player, tv, the works. functions rather well, though, i'm quite surprised.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs