Locations of people willing to help with installs...

Options
MTXMAN
MTXMAN Posts: 682
edited May 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Here's a thought for a sticky thread...

People who are willing to help people install or do installs for a small fee (or for free) should list where they are so those in need of help know if there's someone nearby who could help them.

I know that I like many others here rather enjoy doing install work (and could always use a little gas money) and would gladly use some free time to help out a fellow car audio lover. Heck if i installed for you i'd give you a free lesson in how to do it yourself too.

And in case you're near me and need some help, I'm in Fort Wayne, IN. Send me a PM and i'll let ya know if i have time to help ya out ;) .
Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
Post edited by MTXMAN on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Might be a good idea.... not sure if it would take off, and I'm scared to meet ANY of you mofos ;) .... I'm located near central PA, and that's all the closer yer gettin'.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    Options
    if youre not in texas, youve got at least a 4 hour drive to get to me
    but if ya live in TX, im in Corpus
    ill help anyone out for free...im just a nice guy like that
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Actually not a bad idea, MTX.

Ill throw my hat in as well.

Anyone in the southern Tennessee, northern Georgia (Chattanooga, TN to be exact) area needing a hand give a shout. My limited abilities are at your service.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Dangit! Who lives in UT? I have no idea what the heck I'm doing as far as installing, wiring, etc. I'd sure love to learn. I have a friend at work who claims to know what he's doing. He did install my HU for me and it works great. But then again, he thinks Power Acoustik amps are high quality and keeps trying to sell me his. He also just got a JL 18w6 (I think. It's 18") for his 92 bronco. HOLY CRAP. It's nice and loud and all, but dang if it doesn't sound like the whole truck is about to rattle apart. It's kinda funny :D. Anyway, I might be moving back home to Missouri this summer if the job situation turns out and I can talk my wife into it. Anyone close to SW Missouri/KS/AR area?
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Options
    heck, if you'll give me bout a hundred bucks for gas i could probably swing by there on a weekend this summer :p
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    Options
    my talents, such as they are, are up for grabs in northeast ohio -> northwest pennsylvania, anywhere along the turnpike or thereabouts. just cause i'm cool like that :cool:.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited April 2004
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken Cody...I invited you up to S.A. to help with the Tahoe...Hmmm some open door policy you have :p
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by MTXMAN
    heck, if you'll give me bout a hundred bucks for gas i could probably swing by there on a weekend this summer :p
    Hmm...sounds like a good idea maybe :) Where do you live? I can drive to MO and back on $120. But that was for Christmas when gas wasn't like $10 freaking dollars a gallon. Seriously! Can't we do something about that? :shrug: But not to get off topic or anything...
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2004
    Options
    sunny buffalo, new york here -- about 90 min north of erie, pa, and 5 hours east of central ohio.

if you sons of **** come and steal my truck now... you're all dead, ya hear... DEAD I SAID... with a capital D... D is for donut, that's good e-nuff for me... D is for donut, that's good e-nuff for me.... oh donut donut donut starts with D. and so does DEAD.

amen... go in peace to love and serve the momo.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by TrappedUnder Ice
    If I'm not mistaken Cody...I invited you up to S.A. to help with the Tahoe...Hmmm some open door policy you have :p
    i need gas money if im going anywhere, im not trying to LOSE money
    -Cody
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I don't know that I could say I'm a pro installer but I can get the large majority of it in with not a prob. I'm in Southern California if anyone wants help. If its a lot of work, I'll charge $20 to cover gas and bandaids (i have bad luck with sheet metal and sharp plastic trim) + any combo meal at a fast food resturaunt of my choice :D
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited April 2004
    Options
    hehe...Ok Cody...I see how ya are :eek:
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    you couldve come down here:D
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Well I live just north of Houston, TX... so I'm close to Cody sorta. But I dont want 846 of you knocking on my door for help (especially 'cuz I work overnight), but you can ask nicely.
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by mbdyer12
    I'll charge $20 to cover gas and bandaids (i have bad luck with sheet metal and sharp plastic trim)

bandaids are for pansy's, real men bleed

i work in a machine shop so clotting has become a part of my bloods daily rutine :p
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by LittleCar_w/12s
    Well I live just north of Houston, TX... so I'm close to Cody sorta. But I dont want 846 of you knocking on my door for help (especially 'cuz I work overnight), but you can ask nicely.
    -Jerry
    n. of houston is a good 4.5 hours away from me, youd be closer to thomas (TrappedUnderIce) in San Antonio
    but i wouldnt get too close to him, his cap/RF hatred might rub off:D
    -Cody
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Haha. Yeah, I know bandaids are. Blood doesn't match well with some types of fabric in cars though...:p But hey, if you dont mind, I dont mind.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Options
    eh, that's why they made superglue....
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by MTXMAN
    eh, that's why they made superglue....
    ive superglued myself back together many times
    the sad thing is im not lying...
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited April 2004
    Options
    yeah bandaid made some new spray bandage, but superglue is like 25c....
    And you're right I am closer to Austin than Sinton. Hate RF...? The decks are good... as for subs and amps, I know Len (owns Finishline Audio in MD) STOPPED carrying them. Hmmm....
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited April 2004
    Options
    seee...cody forgets ...I dont hate RF..I just dont like the "newer' of the RF stuff... @2000 is when rf started taking a dive....and are now..might be..trying to stick thier head out of water

Your right cody I could have come down there..but I was never invited :rolleyes:
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I agree on that one. I hope they ressurect some of their quality. For instance... I still havent gotten over the RF t4's in my dash. My unit puts out 65 rms and they handle 65 rms. they lasted about 6 months tops and cracked the spiders. PMO! So now i have 130hz blockers on them and just dont turn them up... but at the right note they make that gritting sawing noise...

Oh well. at least I'm pleased with the SQ of the RF9200, and the 3 outs and 1 in that it has. too bad I had to choose tween the mp3 option and the input... but my laptop holds lots of MP3's :D
    -Jerry

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    true, arent you running old RF amps?
    lol, true i didnt invite you, i thought you might try to burn my truck since i have 2000, 2001, and 2002 year RF, polk momo, a cap in my truck...lol
    hopefully theyll show us something with their new amps this year
    crutchfield is already offering the punch series
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Im hoping the Power series takes off. Ive not seen them anywhere but Main Street Audio and theyre expensive as hell!!

Diamond Audio has just put out an amp line for broke-**** people like us. The D3 line has a 50x4, 100x2 and a 600x1 line up. The 4 and 2 channels are around $300!! Not too bad.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited April 2004
    Options
    come on cody...I'm all bark and no bite... I have my opinions and i'm not afraid to state them. But I dont dog a persons system that I meat...on the aol ones ;)
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i'm just waiting for money so i can completely change my system again...
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Cody...WHO isn't?

HEll....I'd like like to have 10g's pop in my lap...I'd have a field day!:D
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited April 2004
    Options
    mmmm 10 g's.. wonder if I can get that out of the car burlgar??? I'll try...
    -Jerry

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by TrappedUnder Ice
    Cody...WHO isn't?

HEll....I'd like like to have 10g's pop in my lap...I'd have a field day!:D
    yeah, our addictive habits are more expensive than smoking...no wonder vince is broke...he does both...
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i dont think you can talk :) - you're droppin a couple gs on a new comp.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs