Finally stepped up the sub's

Options
Hey guys I finally pulled up my big boy pants and improved my subs. I went with SVS Bjorn's had a killer clearance deal and I got a serious discount on 2 SVS PB 2000's. I thought long and hard but I finally went with SVS I like how you can trade up which I plan to do next year but these should be fun to play with for now! I'll post pics tommorow after they're set up and let u guys know how they sound when they're dialed in! I just wanna send a shout out to cfrizf9s7jjchf3br.jpg
z f1nut mloren skip I hope I got everybody's names right and a lot of other people for all the great advice and support that helped me figure out which way I wanted to go on these! Man tommorows going to be a great day! Just not for my neighbors!

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Congrats and enjoy!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • danzilla31
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Congrats and enjoy!!!

Thanks cfrizz hope you've been well!
  • danzilla31
    Options
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions.

You got it TEAforONE I have errands to run this morning then all day I'll be dialing these in. I'll for sure let you guys know
  • danzilla31
    Options
    Also do you guys have any input on the subdude isolation stuff? Bjorn's wanted to sell me those SVS isolation feet but I figured I'd ask you guys before I threw out a 100 extra bucks. I have a fireplace in that room and my cheapo subs cause a resonance with that that just drives me crazy if isolating the sub's from the floor can really help with that I can go pick them up tommorow. Thanks for any input you guys have
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I would get them. I have them on my subs and they do improve and reduce the rooms vibrations.
    Enjoy the new subs.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Are the feet rubber on them or hard plastic?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • dolbyd
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It’s a rubber like compound. It decouples the sub from your floor.
    They alow the sub to have some movement at volume without transferring it straight into your home.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I use these, quite effective and quite cheap
    d5evay1es46e.jpg
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I’ve had both subdudes and the svs feet. They both work as advertised.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• danzilla31
    Options
    dolbyd wrote: »
    I would get them. I have them on my subs and they do improve and reduce the rooms vibrations.
    Enjoy the new subs.

Hey thanks dolbyd I'll pick them up 2morrow then
  • danzilla31
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    I’ve had both subdudes and the svs feet. They both work as advertised.

Appreciate the info thanks man
  • danzilla31
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    d5evay1es46e.jpg

That looks cool what are those?
  • danzilla31
    Options
    Just got home finally done with errands time to hook these babies up!!!!
  • danzilla31
    Options
    Ok first impressions? Holy jump in junipers Batman! It's gotta be the size. Just look at these monsters next to the Bic It's HUGE. They spec the BIC at 21hz+-3db after looking at the size of this baby I'm dubious of that maybe it can hit that but not without a Lotta distortionsrr1r0doy11h.jpg
  • danzilla31
    Options
    Ok first impressions? Holy jump in junipers Batman! It's gotta be the size. Just look at these monsters next to the Bic It's HUGE. They spec the BIC at 21hz+-3db after looking at the size of this baby I'm dubious of that maybe it can hit that but not without a Lotta distortionkkj40cyb3v3n.jpg

• danzilla31
    Options
    Okay all set up now to power them on and begin dialing them in. The Polk Sig 60's seem to love crossing over at around 50hz if I crossed higher it seemed to thin that may have been the sub's so I'm gonna power em up and start dialing them in at that crossover point. Then I'll start tweaking it in from there. Start with music for a couple hours and then work a movie in although I don't wanna go crazy without a day or so of breaking them in. I plan on using the new Blade Runner for the movie that's a demanding one that I think will work them in well. EOT and the other killers like Tron Legacy I'll wait till they're a little more warmed up. qeviqa6q4mr9.jpg
  • danzilla31
    Options
    Man I thought I was gonna hate the metal grills but they look sic with the setup I have!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    danzilla31 wrote: »
    d5evay1es46e.jpg

Industrial stuff, made a big difference in the boom box that I live in.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/DiversiTech-MP-2E-EVA-Anti-Vibration-Pad-2-x-2-x-7-8?gclid=CjwKCAjw-6bWBRBiEiwA_K1ZDWK8pn-W7wutvFdYbdhFrCPIw11sqrCjSN_TUNiV_5vUKc32UH0G0BoC7gEQAvD_BwE
  • danzilla31
    Options
    danzilla31 wrote: »
    d5evay1es46e.jpg

Industrial stuff, made a big difference in the boom box that I live in.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/DiversiTech-MP-2E-EVA-Anti-Vibration-Pad-2-x-2-x-7-8?gclid=CjwKCAjw-6bWBRBiEiwA_K1ZDWK8pn-W7wutvFdYbdhFrCPIw11sqrCjSN_TUNiV_5vUKc32UH0G0BoC7gEQAvD_BwE

Cool man thanks I'll have to look into those
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    One of my all-time favorite scenes for an SVS sub demo is in "Finding Nemo." Pick the "Darla" scene and you'll be giggling like a little kid. Never fails to make me smile :smiley:

Enjoy!!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • danzilla31
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    One of my all-time favorite scenes for an SVS sub demo is in "Finding Nemo." Pick the "Darla" scene and you'll be giggling like a little kid. Never fails to make me smile :smiley:

Enjoy!!!

Thanks man I'm already giggling right now! Holy S###t!!!! I don't even know if I can explain it.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Some of my favorite sub demos are just to name a few,

Video;
    Mission Impossible 5
    dunkirk
    Game of Thrones Battle for Blackwater season 2
    There some good ATMOS demos you can download.

Music;
    Korn, Blind
    Scorpions, to be #1
    Rush, Red Barchetta to YYZ
    Queensrych Silent Lucidity

Those SVS subs will rummemble your room nice.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    Options
    Hey Now & Non believer by London Grammar. Thank me later
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • danzilla31
    Options
    Okay been lost in music for like an hour. I can't explain it. At first you freak cus u don't hear this boom. Then you realize this clean clean distortionless bass is just wrapping itself through and around you. Punching you massaging you then on the flick of a dime hitting you with such gentleness and detailymgo17x7c1b7.jpg
    I'm gonna stop cuz I can't describe the difference. But I suuuuure can feel. These things are soooooo fast and powerful. They're quiet intricate then strong all so quickly you hear intricacies and details you never knew were there. And all the resonances in my house most of it was from the harmonics and distortions and that mid hump that those lower level subs do. And I'm just listening to music!!! On a crappy source!!! I haven't even got to movies or better listening. And what they do to my Sig 60's Oh my frickin God they play so clean from the midrange on up. I never realized how much that lower quality bass was getting in they're way. Okay I'm gonna shut up now holy s@$!! WOOOOOWWWWWwwwwwww!!!!!#!$@
  • danzilla31
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    Some of my favorite sub demos are just to name a few,

Video;
    Mission Impossible 5
    dunkirk
    Game of Thrones Battle for Blackwater season 2
    There some good ATMOS demos you can download.

Music;
    Korn, Blind
    Scorpions, to be #1
    Rush, Red Barchetta to YYZ
    Queensrych Silent Lucidity

Those SVS subs will rummemble your room nice.

Thanks man so much to feel I mean hear lol and so little time!!!
  • danzilla31
    Options
    Hey Now & Non believer by London Grammar. Thank me later

Thank you later I'm thanking you guys right frickin now lol!!!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yup, that was my first experience with SVS at @SCompRacer house. He put on the "Master & Commander" DVD and during the cannon fight, I felt my pant leg fluttering. I was amazed. Bought my SVS 20-39 PCi shortly after and never regretted it. Had to sell it when I moved to an apartment. Nothing like the feel of something new.... :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dolbyd
    Options
    Glad you like them. I sure the S60s and the 2000s will be a keeper.

Another movie to demo is Wonder Women.
    The best is when she takes down the shooter in the bell tower. Also the ending is real good.

• danzilla31
    Options
    dolbyd wrote: »
    Glad you like them. I sure the S60s and the 2000s will be a keeper.

Another movie to demo is Wonder Women.
    The best is when she takes down the shooter in the bell tower. Also the ending is real good.

It's crazy you posted that cuz that was the first scene I put in and the first movie I watched Lol and Blade Runner 2049? Ohhhh man holy S@$!