XLR for P5 and A23

I have the P5/A23 combo integrated into my HT. Will XLRs give me a gain in performance? I’m currently using Douglas Connection Bravo ICs which made a significant improvement over some old monster ICs?

Regardless I need another set of ICs and could repurpose the Bravos. So should I consider XLRs and if so what should I look for in 200 or less range. Or should I get more Bravos?

Thanks,
RB
Living Room
Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    A lot of the supposed gains, or lack there of, are widely disputed. I had the P5 and A21 for a bit and did use the balanced connection, and, the one thing for certain is thee wa an increase in gain with XLR.
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    edited April 2018
    kharp1 wrote: »
    A lot of the supposed gains, or lack there of, are widely disputed. I had the P5 and A21 for a bit and did use the balanced connection, and, the one thing for certain is thee wa an increase in gain with XLR.

Any recommendations for xlr cables in the 200 or less range?
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,170
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    If your happy with the cables from Doug, why change ? Have him make ya a set and be done.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rburgess714
    tonyb wrote: »
    If your happy with the cables from Doug, why change ? Have him make ya a set and be done.

For sure if I am staying with RCAs. I just did not know if XLR made a big difference and they are a bit more expensive so I was going to shop on the used market.
    Living Room

Office

• rburgess714
    tonyb wrote: »

Okay I I goofed, they really are not that much more. I will be ordering a pair from Doug.
    Living Room

Office

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    I really like Signal Cables XLR's, and recently bought a set ($59) for my Preamp to amp connections.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    FWIW, those $59 (2ft/pr) of XLR's replaced a $329 Kimber Hero WBT's RCA set and sound every bit as good, if not better than the Hero.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rburgess714
    edited April 2018
    steveinaz wrote: »
    FWIW, those $59 (2ft/pr) of XLR's replaced a $329 Kimber Hero WBT's RCA set and sound every bit as good, if not better than the Hero.

Thank you sir. I ordered a pair from Doug yesterday so I am set for now.
    Living Room

Office