Star Wars: The Last Jedi 4K Blue Ray...

Options
Bought the steel box release from Best Buy. Video quality is superb and audio is top notch. I was hoping for more however, in regards to paying respects to Carrie Fisher.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @nooshinjohn.

I loved that assault on Luke Skywalker in the Theater. I'll bet all theaters next to the one we were in heard it. :p

What does your subwoofer duties for your movie nights? Or do you keep it low-key due to Jr.?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    It stays low key, but I do have a REL S5 in the mix. I have it dialed in to firm up the bottom end for the 1.2TL's, rather than have it making noise beyond that.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Options
    Nice sub! ;):p
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Itching to get my hands on the 4k...
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    I just saw it. It was pretty good.
  • FestYboy
    Options
    Best part of the movie is when it goes silent.
  • Viking64
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Best part of the movie is when it goes silent.

Apparently that cornfused a number of people. :p
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    We saw this in the theater when it cam out & we were very disappointed. Obviously, YMMV. I won't be adding this film or the Force Awakens to our collections. FWIW, we liked Rouge One quite a bit.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Viking64
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    We saw this in the theater when it cam out & we were very disappointed. Obviously, YMMV. I won't be adding this film or the Force Awakens to our collections. FWIW, we liked Rouge One quite a bit.

Interesting. I have seen all of them over the last several months and I think I liked this one the best. :o
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    I am inclined to agree, but after viewing it a second time, I have a better idea of why they did some of the things they did. I am holding out hope that Ep IX fills in some of the gaping holes in the story.

Yoda, as a force ghost, being able to call down lightning and manipulate things in the physical world means that we will likely see the force used it ways that will be astonishing to say the least. One rumor I have heard is this was done to allow Luke, Anakin, Obi-wan, and others to bring their skills to bear in an epic battle that will run for pretty much the entire film.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I am still waiting for Amazon to get it. No idea why they don't have it. I signed up for an email alert on both the BR and 4K.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Saw it in theaters, better the TFA. Wife picked up the 4K from Target. Will view it this weekend.
  • Tony M
    Options
    That all-out assault scene... :DB)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I am still waiting for Amazon to get it. No idea why they don't have it. I signed up for an email alert on both the BR and 4K.

The last time around Disney wouldn’t ship to Amazon for a couple weeks after other vendors because Amazon discounts new releases to a greater degree than others. At least that’s the way I remember it.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Thanks. No surprise that greed is involved.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Rented this movie the other day. While I was pleasantly surprised with the story line, one thing kept coming up in the back of my mind.

Luke Skywalker....is a pu-ssy. :) Always was.......
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Options
    A different one, Luke Skywalker is. B)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I saw iy on Blu yesterday. Liked the movie overall, but Leah defying a space death and self propelling herself was a tad much.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Watched in tonight. Rented at the Redbox. My son and I loved every minute of it. Blu Ray PQ was good but not great. Everything seemed a little smoothed over. Not as crisp detail as some other blockbuster current releases. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • GospelTruth
    GospelTruth Posts: 403
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    I saw iy on Blu yesterday. Liked the movie overall, but Leah defying a space death and self propelling herself was a tad much.

I agree. I think that was the one part that, for me, set a bad tone for the rest of the movie.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie, but now I don't want to.
    deronb1 wrote: »

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Great visual and audio (especially the audio!) - Just wish the story line was better. Disney was handed the keys to a mint, perfectly functioning Ferrari, and what did they do? Screwed a big faux spoiler to the back, painted flames down the side, and hung fuzzy dice from the dash.... Seriously - There are literally dozens of GREAT canon stories/books to choose from in the expanded universe (the Thrawn series comes immediately to mind, as well as the Republic Commando series). I understand Disney bought it all, and has every right to $#*% it up, it's just a shame to see them do it...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Disney was handed the keys to a mint, perfectly functioning Ferrari, and what did they do? Screwed a big faux spoiler to the back, painted flames down the side, and hung fuzzy dice from the dash....

I would submit to you that Lucas is the one that screwed the fake spoiler on the Star Wars saga when he did the prequels... Disney just stomped on the accelerator.

• FestYboy
    Options
    One character: Jar-jar... That was the shark that Lucas jumped.
  • Ducati Guy
    Ducati Guy Posts: 160
    Options
    being a huge star wars guy,
    there were multiple things I really liked about it and multiple things I disliked:

Awesome to finally see the Praetorian red guards fight it out, real choreography without the silly sword moves, been waiting for this to happen for years! Best scene of the movie!
    Too bad they missed out on telling the back story of how the praetorian guards became loyal to Snoke, this would have been really cool. Ughh missed opportunity!

Too bad there wasn't a back story about Snoke's origin and rise to power. Again this would have really added to the story line.

Hoaky part when Leah force saves herself from space.

Liked the weird "connection" going on with Rey and Kylo, should be interesting where they take this...Rey falls to the dark side for a while?

the more gritty the story lines the better,

can't wait to see the story lines from the The Game of Thrones writers, when they eventually take over a new reign of star wars movies, nothing to do with the skywalker story line.

• daddyjt
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    One character: Jar-jar... That was the shark that Lucas jumped.

As bad as Episode I was, it was still better than TFA. I put The Last Jedi on par with Episode II, near the bottom of the heap.

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Disney was handed the keys to a mint, perfectly functioning Ferrari, and what did they do? Screwed a big faux spoiler to the back, painted flames down the side, and hung fuzzy dice from the dash....

I would submit to you that Lucas is the one that screwed the fake spoiler on the Star Wars saga when he did the prequels... Disney just stomped on the accelerator.

I can’t really argue with you on that... even when Lucas made I, II, and III, there was SO MUCH great material out there, pre-written for him to just serve up. I just don’t get it...

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• teamjhertz
    teamjhertz Posts: 361
    Options
    Looking forward to watching it soon

Probably tomorrow night
  • BlueFox
    Options
    My 4K UHD version arrived today. Hope Amazon and Disney get their conflict settled soon.

Three 20 amp circuits.