Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Deltronics in Woodridge, IL - Worked on my Dared preamp at the recommendation of a few here. Good work at a fair price.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    House of High Fidelity in Naples Florida - Repaired my Jolida CD player for a reasonable price.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    @Stew i agree on Deltronics i had a few things brought to them over the years. Holm across the street are also some nice guys.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Some great companies already mentioned. I've got a few more.

Sonic Craft. Jeff and Elliott are the best!

HiFi Collective in the UK. They've got stuff you can't find anywhere else.

Skylan Stands. Noel is one of the nicest folks around and his stands are special.

Bent Audio. John is extremely helpful with advice and generous with his time.

Velodyne. Really good subs.

NHT. Still making great acoustic suspension speakers and excellent CS.

Marantz. They know what musical is. Great CS too.

Manley. Tubes rule. Nice folks too.

VTL. Nice tube gear. CS is hit or miss.

Carver Tube Amps. Bob knows how to build them and he's a genuinely nice guy.

Joseph Audio. I've never heard a better monitor than the Pulsar. Nice folks too.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Nice call on Velodyne. I feel like they are often overlooked, but they have really nice subs that hit hard.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Velodyne. Really good subs.

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited February 2018
    WTF!? No one has mentioned:

Balanced Audio Technology

Let me put it this way, if you have an issue with a piece of BAT equipment, Victor himself will e-mail you back within an hour and a half, period (at least that has been my experience). Also, the equipment is absolutely first rate, IMO.

That said, I agree with many of the suggestions for gear and/or suppliers.

Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Clipdat
    Tony mentioned it in the OP:
    tonyb wrote: »
    Bat- brush up on your Russian
    headrott wrote: »

• headrott
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Tony mentioned it in the OP:
    Bat- brush up on your Russian
    headrott wrote: »

Thanks @Clipdat . I was looking for the capitalized BAT or Balanced Audio Technology, but obviously skipped over it; Not sure how I missed it. Thanks Tony for being really smart! :D
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    edited February 2018
    Eastern Electric
    CEC
    Infinity
    Denon
    Dynavector
    Grace
    Audio Technica/Signet (carts and stylus)
    LP Gear
    JICO
    Adcom
    Micro-Seiki
    Pro-Ject
    Post edited by jdjohn on
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I was waiting for the TT guys to chime in. Very confusing for some who want to get back into vinyl, where to go for parts, good recordings, and the best companies to steer them straight.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ooh, ooh, one more.
    Dave Slagle's Intact Audio. There is still a place for inductance in modern hifi.
    http://www.intactaudio.com/

Dave's also responsible for one of the more interesting hifi blogs. We'll see if Vanilla censors the URL :|

http://hifiheroin.blogspot.com/
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Vinyl Nirvana.
  • mwk455
    mwk455 Posts: 219
    Kevin at kab USA is the nicest guy to deal with
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2018
    http://www.turntablelab.com

Good customer service, nice selection.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I was waiting for the TT guys to chime in. Very confusing for some who want to get back into vinyl, where to go for parts, good recordings, and the best companies to steer them straight.

Acoustic sounds - http://store.acousticsounds.com/

Great sales and service and they are Quality Record Pressing GRP. And they press some of the best Vinyl these days as most are super quiet!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Brands
    Vincent audio
    Pro-Ject
    PeachTree ( excellent customer support -talk to them twice on the phone and the fix a small problem with my head phone jack and did some really cool upgrades to my Decco65) which became a Decco65 SE :)
    Usher

Dealers
    Audio Thesis!
    Douglas connections
    Signal Cables
    Acoustic sounds
    Audio Advisor
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Various vintage turntable parts: http://organdonorparts.com/
    and for Thorens: http://vintagethorens.com/ Of course there are several good vintage turntable brands, but current condition is key. Having said that, I think Technics is the most consistent brand for vintage tt's. I would say it's easier to get a vintage Technics running than any other vintage brand.

Used gear and parts: I have purchased from Audio Classics http://www.audioclassics.com/ for brand-new replacement McIntosh parts, but they offer a lot more than that with used gear, and they offer servicing. They are just on the other side of Binghamton, NY, so have a direct connection to McIntosh.

For vinyl, Acoustic Sounds has already been mentioned, so +1 on that http://store.acousticsounds.com/ They have both new and pre-loved vinyl. Other sources for new pressings are Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab http://www.mofi.com/ , and ImportCDs https://www.importcds.com/ (yes, they sell more than CDs B) ).
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Haven't seen Crutchfield yet. While they do charge list, they also have great customer service. I had a nightmare issue with Sony support in Waco TX where they refused to fix a 6 month old ES DVD player. You know, the one with the 5 year warranty. Anyway, Crutchfield stepped up and exchanged it, and payed for shipping.

Currently, I am buying my gear from Suncoast Audio in FL. Mike, the owner, also runs the AudioShark forum.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • headrott
    edited February 2018
    Not sure if it was listed, but I would like to include:

Our own Douglasconnection.com. I have ordered from Doug a few times and never had a hiccup. His prices are excellent too.

VH Audio - Chris is a great guy and is eager to help new people with building their own cables, and sells excellent equipment and stands by his items. His Teflon V-Caps are absolutely excellent too (although pricey, but absolutely worth every penny).

Also, not sure if mentioned, but Handmade Electronics is another excellent source for DIY gear. I have ordered from them multiple times and their prices are tough to beat.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Hi-Tech Audio for vintage stereo repair and restoration.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Sanders Sound Systems - sanderssoundsystems.com/ - Roger is a wealth of audio knowledge and stands behind his products, even the ones from his former company (InnerSound).

Jolida - Met their COO at AXPONA 2016 and he's a heckofa nice guy. Really wants to get you the gear you want.

VAC - met the president of the co. at AXPONA & he is a very approachable & knowledgeable (obviously) person.

Channel Islands Audio - Great CS.

Modwright. Dan is a great guy to deal with. Really knows his stuff. Great products.

I'll add to the votes for Brent Jesse, Andy @ vintage tube services, Saturday Audio Exchange, Crutchfield, Signal Cable, and Polk Audio.

Anthony's Electronic Service - anthonyses.com/ Great guy to work with if you need repairs on your gear.

Art's Wired Electronics - Outstanding customer service. Art & Mike go way above & beyond to get you what you need & what you want.

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    @tonyb,

Great idea for a thread and a great list of audio companies, products, etc.

I think I'm about the only member of CP that uses Perreaux gear from New Zealand.

I've been using it for almost 30 years, now, and I own and have owned many of their products -- a tuner, five preamps, four amps and one set of speakers.

IMO Perreaux produces great sound, and the Managing Director Martin Van Rooyen is a great guy, and he and his team are extremely responsive to all questions and issues. You have to take into account the time difference, but the customer service is excellent.

So, I recommend that Perreaux go on the list.

Has Vr3 Mods been put on the list? Trey should be right up there with Doug and Dave.

Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Has Vr3 Mods been put on the list? Trey should be right up there with Doug and Dave.
    Yeah, I added Trey/Vr3 on here. :)

• tonyb
    I didn't think Trey was doing crossovers anymore, could be wrong though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    NAD, Velodyne & D-Sonic...excellent customer service. They all went over & above customary service!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • tonyb
    Well look what the cat dragged in.... :)

Nice to see ya Phil.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I didn't think Trey was doing crossovers anymore, could be wrong though.
    He just built these for me and posted a thread about it 10 days ago. http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/180583/polk-audio-2-3tl-crossover-modification-thread#latest
  • pearsall001
    Well look what the cat dragged in.... :)

Nice to see ya Phil.

Yep...still here.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • pearsall001
    Hope all is well with you...I've had some issues on the home front myself.