It's time for a Lightman karma. One time a year and only here....

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Oi! Grab a coloring book and mind yourself. The adults are talking here.
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Shut up Dan

Forget you both..... I grabbed a 6 pack of Red's Apple Ale instead.... Got em cooling outside (faster than putting em in the fridge) lol.....

Ooooo Dans got himself some manly kool-aid jump back

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Shut up Dan

Forget you both..... I grabbed a 6 pack of Red's Apple Ale instead.... Got em cooling outside (faster than putting em in the fridge) lol.....

You dont want to be around when I hit the hard stuff..... Its bad for everyone involved lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Shut up Dan

Nothing wrong with the Reds, sipping on a few of them Mike's hard lemonades convientley cooled on the deck gotta drink em up so they don't freeze.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Shut up Dan

Wife and I have working like nuts redoing the loft in advance of Skye's bday ON TOP of cleaning the house top to bottom and finishing up some painting (from last year lol)......

Taking a break while the paint drys on the bathroom vanity....

I will post some pics of the loft in a bit....

Caveats:

I got some stuff to do to the Salamander (add feet), some cables to add, a endtable to refinish (and then move the sub underneath it), and a few other odds and ends....

But otherwise its done enough to show off...

Gonna host again Dan? Got some new towers that are exceptional :)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Shut up Dan

You dont want to be around when I hit the hard stuff..... Its bad for everyone involved lol....

Yeah last time you were here it was all snot bubbles and cold meds...
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Shut up Dan

I'll wear a raincoat you chunk chucker lol
  • EndersShadow
    deronb1 wrote: »

I will likely host again sometime spring/summer. Wife, kids and her family go RV'ing and its just too cramped for me with 6 people in a RV not counting me (plus then we have to kennel the dogs and thats pricey).

Once I get a feel for when that is, I will throw the date out and we can go from there.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    Yeah last time you were here it was all snot bubbles and cold meds...

Yup, I'm there again right now lol.... Sinus infection to ear infection to pnemonia (within 12 hours)....... meds helped kill the pnemonia, but then the sinus's still havent cleared (since 2 weeks ago)....

The number of times I wonder if moving down south/out west wouldn't be a good choice for me to stop all this sinus crap due to weather up north...
    I'll wear a raincoat you chunk chucker lol

That would be a good idea lol....... plus I've been told I'm even more of a rear end than is possible when I get to "lightman LSAF dinner" level......

And I really dont want you to break my legs or choke me out lol.... especially in my own home.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    jbqpx9oiyugo.jpg

Hey! I finally found a mountain in Iowa! They seem to be seasonal and are known to migrate.....

If you were an addict...that's what heaven would look like

He he he got a big pile o dat in front of the house this very moment. Matter of fact there's some fresh stuff coming in later tonight, 8 days in a row they say of the white stuff passing through. :#

Preach it, Steve..... Myself and a city snowplow kept squaring off from Division at Third today.
  • EndersShadow
    gcybvxzpabjn.jpeg
    x7yaw456bgy2.jpeg
  • deronb1

I will likely host again sometime spring/summer. Wife, kids and her family go RV'ing and its just too cramped for me with 6 people in a RV not counting me (plus then we have to kennel the dogs and thats pricey).

Once I get a feel for when that is, I will throw the date out and we can go from there.

Sounds good! Im forgoing my annual golf trip this year to help fund 30th anniversary, so big points with my better half...lol
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2018
    Your in town? I figured you would be gathering tootsie rolls at Ryan's, you should of called what you doing tomorrow? The neighbor backed into Skylers Truck he is a little upset I just moved it so the snow plows didn't plow it in, I should of left it where it was.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2018
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Hey @lightman1 I don't have time to read through 15 pages worth of manure so why dont you give me the cliff notes on this here karma of yours.

Here ya go Jose

lightman1
    February 2
    This years prize pack will require a bit of commitment......

It is a roundtrip ticket to one of the finest audio gatherings known to man.

Lone Star Audio Fest in Dallas, Texas!!!
    Woooohooooo!!!

Who's yer buddy?!

A few caveats.....

Must have over 100 posts.
    Must like tall men with scruffy beards.
    Must know what "Pull my finger" means.
    Must be kind to puppies and kittens.
    Must be able to put up with Ron @txcoastal1 when he gets wound up...
  • txcoastal1
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• EndersShadow
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Your in town? I figured you would be gathering tootsie rolls at Ryan's

Ryan's in Baltimore for work this week. Left today IIRC...

• EndersShadow
    Sounds good! Im forgoing my annual golf trip this year to help fund 30th anniversary, so big points with my better half...lol

NICE!!!! Bring that Woodbourne with you again.... and then forget to take it home :wink:

• txcoastal1
    tonyb …69
    pitdogg2 …50
    dkfreebird …41
    afterburnt …26
    BlueFox …68
    vmaxer …57
    erniejade …52
    indyhawg …125
    ken brydson...150
    treitz3 ...54
    mhardy6647....87
    FestYboy....777
    halo...74
    nooshinjohn...127
    deronb1...42
    mbiron....99
    aprazer402...111
    trav0810....130
    Scubalab....32
    Headrott....88
    F1nut...11
    polk500....200
    stainless0steel2...27
    Toolfan.....17
    monepolk....12
    HzTweaker....169

pick a number Dave :/ .....Jose :)

• lightman1
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Hey @lightman1 I don't have time to read through 15 pages worth of manure so why dont you give me the cliff notes on this here karma of yours.

If you would like to have a round trip air fare to DFW to attend LSAF in May.....pick a number twixt 1-200.
    Random will pick a a number. The next highest number gets $150.

To add and clear up a some confusion...
    I have reserved three rooms for general use again this year.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    You forgot another prize, @voltz is buying the winner dinner as well.
    If you would like to have a round trip air fare to DFW to attend LSAF in May.....pick a number twixt 1-200.

• txcoastal1
    lightman1
    general use
    ... :#:#:#:#

nv0ob0qslcby.jpg

• txcoastal1
    edited February 2018
    :)

• deronb1

NICE!!!! Bring that Woodbourne with you again.... and then forget to take it home :wink:

Hmmmmm....sounds like bad advise
  • lightman1
    Clipdat wrote: »
    You forgot another prize, @voltz is buying the winner dinner as well.

Yep...You should have seen what Darryl did last year at the pre-show dinner. He knows the deal. ;)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Ordered the most expensive bottle of wine on the menu, while simultaneously lighting a Montecristo Cuban with a $100 bill?
    Yep...You should have seen what Darryl did last year at the pre-show dinner. He knows the deal. ;)

• txcoastal1
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Ordered the most expensive bottle of wine on the menu, while simultaneously lighting a Montecristo Cuban with a $100 bill?

Close but no cigar ;)

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    The debauchery being discussed in this thread is reaching Charlie Sheen proportions. I'm offended, but I like it.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • lightman1
    The debauchery being discussed in this thread is reaching Charlie Sheen proportions. I'm offended, but I like it.

Pick a number, Dave....
  • westmassguy

Pick a number, Dave....

I would if I could Russ. Too much on my plate now, but thanks, and best of luck to all.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2

Just think Dave in the real world the Richter scale runs out of numbers....
  • westmassguy

Just think Dave in the real world the Richter scale runs out of numbers....

That's true.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/