13»

Comments

• BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    BDT wrote: »
    Dredge from the dead......

Didn't realize they had closed up shop......when Jim Thiel passed, the handwriting was on the wall. I've heard some Thiel's that I didn't like but I've got a pair of 3.6's that I absolutely LOVE. Probably my favorite all around speaker ever......and updated AR9, if you will. Lot of folks feel about Thiel the way I feel about Vandersteen....just could never dig 'em.

That CEO babe? Worth a clean rag and a heavy dose of chloroform......

BDT

Theil 3.6's were my dream speaker for a very long time. I understand that Jim had trouble coming up with a design that bettered the 3.6 and that's why it took so long for the 3.7 to be released. Either way, the 3.6's mated with an LS9 pre and McCormack DNA 1, made the hair on my arms stand on end.

I've had speakers that I've dug more out of sentimental value.....but in terms of performance, man, they kill it......and I've heard a few older Theils that I was just ambivalent about. Put this way, since I've had the 3.6's (a few years now...) I really haven't been too jazzed about hearing anything else........until I started hanging around you lunatics again.

BDT
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Not sure of the model number, or how they sound, but loved the way these looked.

0ybr08p9oeyl.jpeg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    edited August 2019
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Not sure of the model number, or how they sound, but loved the way these looked.

0ybr08p9oeyl.jpeg

CS 3.7 coherent design. Top speaker iirc has a tweeter in the middle like Kef driver.
    I always liked the Theil designs I never heard a pair but he sure could make a beautiful speaker.
    My .02
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Thanks.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.