Steelers got robbed

Options
2»

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    The rule needs to change. If the ground cannot cause a fumble then how can it cause an incomplete pass?

The receiver had control of the ball when said ball crossed the plane...TD(and I don't like the Steelers).
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Pats fan here but I agree that sure looked like a touchdown to me. The real travesty for the Steelers though was when they looked disheveled after the reversal call and gave the game to the Pats. The reversal took long enough so there was no excuse for not being ready to go with a winning play or time out.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    By the rule, he didn't have control. It sux, but that's the rule. I don't like that rule because, as some have mentioned, how many times we see a guy flying out of bounds and reach the ball across the plane (even though the player doesn't come down in bounds) and it's a TD? I think this is one rule they need to revisit. Having said that, Pittsburgh had the opportunity to win and couldn't do it.

Why should Tom Brady "go away and let someone else play" when he wins...and wins more than anyone else? I want to see the best game possible, not QB's with a 68 rating.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    My NFL interest has really waned this season due to the political statements running rampant through the league...but I still enjoy a good matchup between two really good teams..In my opinion the Steelers blew it when that intercept was dropped in the final New England drive...regardless of what happened with the end zone ruling..That dropped interception sealed the Steelers fate...giving Brady a second chance is not something an opposing team needs to do,as Brady has proven time and time again...still..I feel something should be done about the rule..crossing the plane with control should be just that..weather you are a running back or receiver..it's crossing the plane with the ball under control that should determine a score...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey, the Vikings had the same call when we played the Carolina Punters. Adam Thielen went skidding out of the endzone with the ball in hand and it scooted over to his other hand after he was out of the zone. They called it a touchdown and then overruled it. Mike Zimmer said something like 'Fudge Ewe' very loudly. I couldn't read his lips very well but he definitely burst a vessel over that right eye.

Everyone is getting equally hosed by this call. Big boys don't cry.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The Steelers got robbed AGAIN last night ! They would've won ! ;)

I hate that friken receiver has to control the ball after he hits the ground in or after he exits the End Zone. The NFL HAS to change that rule !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Steelers are the NFLs darlings. Years of watching refs help them along with calls to keep drives alive or stop drives on defense. They finally get on the other side of it and fans lose their minds. I bet 80% of Steelers fans have never even been in Pittsburg, let alone Pennsylvania. Hope they have MRSA outbreak in the locker room.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    It's spelled Pittsburgh.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Steelers are the NFLs darlings. Years of watching refs help them along with calls to keep drives alive or stop drives on defense. They finally get on the other side of it and fans lose their minds. I bet 80% of Steelers fans have never even been in Pittsburg, let alone Pennsylvania. Hope they have MRSA outbreak in the locker room.

My Dad's side of the family is from Latrobe...close enough??...LMFAO!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    There were some blood-sucking monkeys from West Mifflin, Pennsylvania. That's only about 5 miles from Pittsburg. (I refuse to spell it with an "h".) They were probably Steelers fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEjdt_n1l-4
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm not a Steeler fan. I'm a Carolina Panthers Fan in a way. No die hard team collectible or jersey buying fanatic.

If I do watch a game...I want it to be fair and true ref.s calling the game.

The rule on receivers is what it is. It cost one team the superbowl for gods sake. One bomb made by uuuuummmm Kapernick in the superbowl or some championship game was knocked down or averted by a BLATENT pass interference ! No flag !!

They lost because of it. I swear some games are predetermined before they play. The refs can't sway all plays but they sure do seem to be biased in a lot of games .
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    Options
    Steelers HAT got robbed.

DESTIN, Fla. -- A Florida man now living in Bali is fighting for his life after he fell from a roof while chasing a monkey that had stolen his favorite Pittsburg Steelers cap.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/florida-man-fighting-for-his-life-after-chasing-monkey-1.3734134
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Steelers HAT got robbed.

DESTIN, Fla. ---stolen his favorite Pittsburg Steelers cap.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/florida-man-fighting-for-his-life-after-chasing-monkey-1.3734134

IT'S PITTSBURGH!!!!.... :p

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Options
    I pronounce it as "PittsBOIG", like in the cartoonseses. :p