Magnifi MINI with choppy sound

I've search the forums and it doesn't seem like anyone is having my exact issue, hoping I can get an opinion on the matter-

Just today hooked up a brand new Magnifi Mini and was very happy with the sound. I tested Bluetooth and Chromecast first - no issues at all.
Then I tested PS4 and immediately noticed the sound was very choppy. Every few seconds the sound would drop (please note the power would never turn off) for just a blip of a moment. Very annoying. I had it connected via HDMI ARC and figured it might be the different manufacturer and firmware (TV is a Sony), I tried an optical connection and haven't been able to get sound going to the mini, so I can't say it works any better, the auxillary works, thank God, but it obviously is limiting in surround sound capability. I really would prefer the HDMI ARC connection, but have no idea why the sound is so choppy? Firmware is updated to v20 and I followed the manual for connecting it to the TV with power to devices off first.

Is this just the way it is? I either have 2.0 sound, or I have to buy a new TV for the hdmiarc to work? Return the device and buy something trouble free? I'm at a loss, I was really looking forward to being a proud owner of Polk, but the choppy sound is awful.

Thanks for any help, again, sorry if this is redundant, but I haven't been having the same issues as what I've seen on the forum, ie, the power cutting out, having to plug and unplug for connecting the device... That's all been a breeze, just the actual audio from the TV. Man I hope there's a fix

Comments

• djarecki
    djarecki Posts: 1
    Hi.

Did you solve that issue? I have the same problem here. Everything looks working fine but soundbar randomly "restart" Dolby sound (green led) but when i use night mode then we have bkue/violed light.
    Situatuon looks that sound is going fine, there is short break in sound playback, green LED blink for the moment, back to blue one and sound back. There is no specific time / sound type ( loud quiet etc) relationship. It can happens once per 15 munets or 3 times in one minute.
    It doesn't matter if i use TOSLINK or ARC HDMI. Also it doesn't matter if night mode is in or off.

Restarting or plug an un plug AC POWER not fix the issue.

It is very irritating especially if it happens few times during few minutes.
  • Have a new signa s3 that stutters. Sounds like it drops out for a millisecond, very hard to listen to music.
  • I recommend calling 1-800-377-7655 for assistance.