A serious, legitimate question...

2»

Comments

  • Msabot1Msabot1 Posts: 2,117
    Oopps....You're right,just checked mine..but they did get their exposure in Cleveland..That area put em on the map...
  • obieoneobieone Posts: 5,108
    DSkip wrote: »
    Nickelback's first two albums were more hard rock than anything else. The State was their second album and included several songs off the first one. As they continued to grow in popularity, their songs became generic, repetitive, formulaic pop masterpieces that changed the band from rock to sellouts in most eyes.
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I for one don’t understand it, I have seen them twice (wife loves them) they put on a rocking good show, they did a killer tribute to Dime Bag (Pantera) after he was killed on stage..

    With that said I always told my wife they are the Def Leppard of this generation as Radio just over played them just like Def Leppard back in the day I absolutely hated it....

    For the record I love Def Leppard’s first two albums, On Through The Night, and High and Dry..

    Thank you! When you compare them to Def Leopard, I understand the hate. I could never understand why people referred to DL as a 'metal band'? Does NOT compute.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 3,119
    edited November 2017
    To me Def Leopard was a novelty, just because they were so young. Otherwise the bargain bin would have been their future.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; Cables ZU Mission IC's, SC and power cords, all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

    All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

    Other; S60'S, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All speakers have had crossover rebuilds, resulting in a small fortune invested in Sonicaps, and tweeter upgrades.

    Political memes posted as fact and accepted as fact, are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

    tonyb said " but even socialists can do a good thing here and there

    Social media makes dumb people dumber and smart people dumb then dumber.
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,348
    About the only "Hard Rock" band I like and can tolerate. Never understood the hate.
    Maybe I'm just too old.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

    dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

    "And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,256
    Because there will never be a more appropriate thread to share this story in, I will share it now:

    A high school teacher, one of my "side jobs" for the last 16 years has been doing announcing at our varsity baseball games. Part of *that* job is playing music before the games (and between innings if I'm motivated enough to do so). I don't do any special attempt to make my music current with today's teenagers, so my musical selections tend to fill the "rock-and-roll and other energetic, swear-free music from the 60's-90's" genre, covering the time when I did most of my music-finding-and-buying.

    Naturally, the modern teenager only has a need for so much of *my* music (seriously, who would object to 1990's smash hit "(I Wanna Drive the) Zamboni" by the Gear Daddies between innings of a baseball game??) so I'd be offered CDs of "acceptable" music as preferred alternatives.

    One afternoon I was presented with an unlabelled CD-R by a ballplayer with the request to use it during their pregame fielding warmup.

    "Did your coach OK this? Are you *sure* this is appropriate for playing?" I asked him.

    "Oh yeah--no problem." he replies.

    A bit later, I queue up the CD in the booth and hit play. Here it comes--a Nickelback song I still can't tell you the name of--All I know is that the first note of the song is a lyric, and that the first lyric of the song is "I like your pants around your feet/I like the dirt that's on your knees". I couldn't twist the volume knob of the PA down fast enough!! Still cringe at the memory; fortunately there was no blow-back from the arriving crowd or our athletic director! Needless to say, that was the last time I played an untested music selection!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • gp4jesusgp4jesus Posts: 1,224
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Rush sucks...
    ...I hafta take issue w/your opinion expressed as fact. You don't like, or worse, hate Rush... well... ...ok.

    I've never been to Canada but I like Rush. Saw them in concert during the Permanent Waves & Moving Pictures tours.

    Careful dude

    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED
    Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro
    Samsung BDP, DirecTV Rcvr, Xbox 360, Dennon LDP, Phillips CD chgr

    Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside; CC outside
    BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside & out
    8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside & out

    LR: tri-amped RTi A7. Woofers, Rotel 98X amp; M & T, P'sound HCA-1000
    CC: Rotel RB985 -> tri-amped CSi A6
    5 Audio Pro Subs: 1 B1.39: 1 Evidence at each corner
    Surrounds: Hafler XL280 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3*
    Power Conditioning & Distribution:
    3 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 4 Furman Miniport 20s
    *Bi-amped by years end
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 14,168
    Rush Rules!! Rush Rocks!!! Rush Rules and Rocks your Socks Off!!!
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,217
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I don't mind a couple of their earspank songs, like to crank it up and rock
    More like earspunk.
    Or so I hear.

    Upon further review...I guess it was "Animals" was the only song I really liked

    Animals was their best!. I did like that and a few early ones.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

    HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gp4jesusgp4jesus Posts: 1,224
    You say "Rush* sucks." It is OH SO not their* fault ...
    nbrowser wrote: »
    ...Canadian content laws for TV and radio stations [must] to adhere to, 40% Canadian content played DAILY,
    further...
    nbrowser wrote: »
    ...so on your run of the mill Classic Rock station...you hear a Rush song MINIMUM 3 times per hour...
    Then write your government rep, get the law changed. You can hate them if you must but you can't blame them.
    nbrowser wrote: »
    I hate Rush.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED
    Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro
    Samsung BDP, DirecTV Rcvr, Xbox 360, Dennon LDP, Phillips CD chgr

    Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside; CC outside
    BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside & out
    8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside & out

    LR: tri-amped RTi A7. Woofers, Rotel 98X amp; M & T, P'sound HCA-1000
    CC: Rotel RB985 -> tri-amped CSi A6
    5 Audio Pro Subs: 1 B1.39: 1 Evidence at each corner
    Surrounds: Hafler XL280 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3*
    Power Conditioning & Distribution:
    3 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 4 Furman Miniport 20s
    *Bi-amped by years end
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!