Voice sound leveling MagniFi Mini

Options
Does the magnifi Mini soundbar have any voice leveling technology built into it. On some cable channels I have a horrible time with Commercial volume levels vs the show. I'm pretty sure it's when the output switches from PCM to Dolby Digital or vice versa from show to commercial. I don't have this issue on the main networks that seem to be more consistent and everything is Dolby Digital. That's a guess on why it happens. I used to run a receiver and don't remember this happening.

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,080
    Options
    Same issue when I use HDMI ARC on my Vizio. I think it still happens with the optical, but not as badly.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Kings2121
    Options
    Similar issue here. with same source (cable TV) I have noticed certain channels are very low ~10 and other are high ~50. For the channels that are low, some commercials are blasting in ~50/ Cannot figure this out via the TV audio settings (Sony bravia) connected via ARC