Fidelizer

This works remarkably well, you simply must try it.

Comments

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Ditto, I've been using it for about a year.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    all righty then. I have no clue what it is (assuming it is an actual physical thing and not some sort of software thingie).

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    edited July 2017
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    all righty then. I have no clue what it is (assuming it is an actual physical thing and not some sort of software thingie).

It's PC software that shuts down background processes that are not required for audio.

I started with a laptop using JRiver and added Fidelizer. I liked the improvement and decided to change to a small low powered all solid state computer to lower noise even more. It definitely improved the SQ. I changed the computers wall wart power supply to a Mojo Audio Joule v5 power supply and that made more improvements.

The point is that I have found that a cleaner and faster the power supply along with less background processes equals better sound. :)

Forgot to add: Get rid of the moving parts; go solid state.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    seems plausible enough.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    machone wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

It's PC software that shuts down background processes that are not required for audio.

I started with a laptop using JRiver and added Fidelizer. I liked the improvement and decided to change to a small low powered all solid state computer to lower noise even more. It definitely improved the SQ. I changed the computers wall wart power supply to a Mojo Audio Joule v5 power supply and that made more improvements.

The point is that I have found that a cleaner and faster the power supply along with less background processes equals better sound. :)

Forgot to add: Get rid of the moving parts; go solid state.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/178018/ifi-ipower-hans-says-these-sound-good#latest

This is one of the reasons I asked about these, especially considering the price of the linear that you have. I have to try one of these on my PC since I play music on it a lot still.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Or, just use a small Linux OS like Daphile, which doesn't have anything extra running in the first place... :wink:
    I guess if you have to have Windows, something like this is good.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...