Audioquest Type 8 Bi-Wire Speaker Cables

Options
scubalab
scubalab Posts: 3,101
edited June 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I bought these last week from Dave (dekuda) knowing that they might not work for my setup. Dave was a GREAT seller, BTW... Here is the original listing:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/177504/entire-5-channel-system-polk-rti-10s-6s-csi5-denon-3805-stands-cables-520-local#latest

These are by far the nicest cables I've ever used, but I can't justify keeping them for the following reasons:
  1. The spades are too tight for the very wide binding posts on my Paradigm Studio 40s.
  2. They are a little shorter than I'd like for my location (I'm literally talking 6" too short...) <-- That ought to get some funny comebacks...
  3. My ears can't hear a difference between these and the Cardas Crosslink 1S cables they were to replace. My setup is far from audiophile grade, so they made little, if any, noticeable difference in sound to me.
They are VERY nice cables in great condition - just as I received them last week. I honestly wouldn't mind keeping them, but the Cardas just work better .

I'm looking for a quick sale. I reached out to the other member who Dave said was next in line if I didn't buy them, but I haven't heard from him in two days. So, they are up for grabs.

I'm hoping to break even (minus the cost of shipping one way), so I'll sell them for exactly what I paid:

$106.80 shipped. That amounts to $100 and split the shipping cost. PayPal Friends and Family preferred.

Thanks,
-Al

Comments

• scubalab
    Options
    I should add that these are exactly 8' long and have BFA nanners on the amp ends and bi-wire configured spades on the speaker ends. These details were listed in Dave's original FS ad, but somewhat hidden in the 2 pages of comments!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    PM sent
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • scubalab
    Options
  • scubalab
    Options
    Mark these as SOLD!

Craig - I'll get them in the mail when I get back home next week.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    Thanks much.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.