My Glorious Day With Pioneer Customer Service

13»

Comments

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,685
    "Kuro" seems to be Lithuanian for "fuel".
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,163
    Kuro in Japanese means black and refers either to a. The color black (is that even a color?) that Pioneer plasma tv sets could display really well or b. The image a $2200 Pioneer blu ray player puts out when it stops working right.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Pioneer Elite SC97 receiver; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,542
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Kuro in Japanese means black and refers either to a. The color black (is that even a color?) that Pioneer plasma tv sets could display really well or b. The image a $2200 Pioneer blu ray player puts out when it stops working right.

If black isn't a color -- than why can you buy black paint?!

Hey...

wait a minute...

;)

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,121
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Emlyn wrote: »

If black isn't a color -- than why can you buy black paint?!

Hey...

wait a minute...

;)

Your not buying black paint, your buying paint that doesnt include any pigments of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo or Violet. :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,613
    awayback wrote: »
    Unforrunately my BPD-09FD is no longer playing Blu Rays as of mid to late 2017 and I certainly did not get much from this exhorbitantly priced unit. The lag when loading was bad enough but now I really do not know if I want to send this to Pioneer or just get an Oppo unit. It makes me definitely question Pioneer and still feel that like cars there should be something equivalent to a recall due to the many customers that are having difficulty with this heavy paper weight.

It came out in 2008.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,582
    DSkip wrote: »
    Sounds like a guy who didn't like his job at the moment and had been dealing with 'those' clients all day. It is nice when you call someone out and they are humble enough to recognize their error.

As for Pioneer, those don't sound like enticing options. I've been having issues recently with furniture repair shops even returning calls or doing anything in a timely manner. As a business owner, I don't get it. I have a bad memory since Stephanie's passing, but I do my best to overcome it and apologize with sincerity when I don't follow up in a timely manner.

Yeah, whatever...I called you three years ago and you didn't return my call.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig