Potential GTG in Indy...

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I'll bring the cooking oil and plastic tarps.
    Good times!

Think my decision to attend was just made...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2017
    kharp1 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I'll bring the cooking oil and plastic tarps.
    Good times!

Think my decision to attend was just made...

So you a almost definite then?

You are welcome to bring the JWM's to show off just how DAMNED sexy they are... oh and because I want to put my ears on them (I promise not to fondle them) because I didn't get enough of them at LSAF lol.

However I'd totally understand not wanting to bring them as I'm sure they are not fun to package up lol......

And if you wanna pack along the amp camp amps we can play with those too on my little ushers lol....

PS please let me know what you guys are wanting snack wise and for lunch so I can start a list.

@lightman1, @oldrocker, @trav0810, @erniejade, @kharp1

I'm figuring on having the following:

- Burgers (I wont say I'm the a very good cook of burgers, but I can make sure they wont give you food poising, so anyone is more than welcome to cook their own if they like them a certain way.)
    - Brats (gotta represent my WI roots)
    - Chips n Salsa
    - Doritos
    - Wavy Lays & French Onion dip
    - Condiments: French's Mustard, Heinz Ketchup, Kraft Cheese slices, Lettuce, Relish
    - Soda: Diet MD, Coke, (open to other options)
    - Cooler with ICE for Liquor
    - Wine cooler with adjustable temp we can store stuff in
    - Freezers (to cool stuff down FASTER)

If folks are planning on sticking around late I'm fine with getting some firewood for my small firepit and sitting outside and just relaxing. I could even do s'mores if folks want.

For equipment I have the following we can use. Please cop this text and post any equipment you plan on bringing with you:

Amps: B&K 200.5, Crown XLS2000 x 2, Anthem MRX500 (internal), Cambridge Audio SR20

Sources: Logitech Squeezebox Classic, Rokus (2), Xbox One (will play CD's), Denon X4100 (blutooth, pandora)

Speakers: LSi 15's, Usher V-601
    Subs: DIY Ultimax 18 in a 4 cubic foot box powered with 2000 watts via Crown XLS2000, 4 x 12's in 6 cubic foot box powered with 2000 watts via Crown XLS2000, Outlaw LFM-1

Music: 650 gig's stored on hardwired NAS running Squeezebox server, and mapped in PLEX

Lets make this a really fun GTG guys! Play with some new gear, listen to some fun music and eat some good food.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I just wanted to make sure you knew that I'm still not going to your sausage fest.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I just wanted to make sure you knew that I'm still not going to your sausage fest.

It's ok. I already figured and bought the Tom Brady effigy and am all ready to burn it and the Monk as the finale.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Hmmm....I hope you light you peck3r on fire instead!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Hmmm....I hope you light you peck3r on fire instead!

:p
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    If I'm able to make it I will be dressed in a Tom Brady look alike suit.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    kharp1 wrote: »
    If I'm able to make it I will be dressed in a Tom Brady look alike suit.
    Brady has hair, wear a helmet ;)

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    indyhawg wrote: »
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Are your Ushers the same one's Jeff has?

Dave--I have the BE 718's.

Thanks for the info
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I am going to have to cancel. I booked a gig and can't pass up the cash.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    This is the first ive heard of this...lol. It sounds like a blast. I just might make it. Golf trip on 6/13 thru 6/16 will make it a tougher sell to the wife, but ive never taken an audio trip!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    deronb1 wrote: »
    This is the first ive heard of this...lol. It sounds like a blast. I just might make it. Golf trip on 6/13 thru 6/16 will make it a tougher sell to the wife, but ive never taken an audio trip!

Dooooo iiiiiiit....... ;)
    Good times, good friends and good tunes.
  • deronb1
    Hmmmmm.....2 hrs aint fir. Can I bring my B&W bookies?
  • EndersShadow
    Hmmmmm.....2 hrs aint fir. Can I bring my B&W bookies?

Sure! Bring whatever you want. I've got some sand filled stands that we can use.
  • EndersShadow
    I think I'm going to move this to a start time of noon and we will be done whoever we are done.

Tunes, brews and conversation
  • deronb1
    Im thinking hotel. I drink well with others :)
  • deronb1
    Hope that didnt sound weird. Can bring a Polk Woodbourne as well if anyone hasn't heard one.
  • EndersShadow
    Hope that didnt sound weird. Can bring a Polk Woodbourne as well if anyone hasn't heard one.

Bring it. I'd love to see one in th flesh
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481

Bring it. I'd love to see one in th flesh

You freak.....

Kidding Dan
  • EndersShadow
    Anyone coming is welcome to bring what they want.

I plan to have my main area available and then my dining room emptied out and a Xbox 360 loaded wth PLEX as a source so we can play discs and my media library.

The dining room will have speaker stands we can move to the main area if needed.

We are going to do snack foods and then pizza at some point to make things easy.
  • deronb1
    THAT.....sounds like a plan.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I will bring my tube amps and my TriangleArt turntable...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    I will bring my tube amps and my TriangleArt turntable...

Get your arse there, John.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Lol.... I wish I could my friend.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    Oi!
    Lol.... I wish I could my friend.

Just one day. Fly in......fly out.....
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    Color me tentative. It's racing season and i'm elbows deep in some repairs/builds, but it would be nice to get away.

I'd be able to bring anything in my signature on request. I'll know for sure by middle of this coming weekend if i can come by. :)
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • EndersShadow
    Color me tentative. It's racing season and i'm elbows deep in some repairs/builds, but it would be nice to get away.

I'd be able to bring anything in my signature on request. I'll know for sure by middle of this coming weekend if i can come by. :)

I have signatures hidden, any chance you could post it so I could see what you got lol....
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited May 2017
    Hah!

Sure.

B&K Reference 5 S2
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Pioneer BDP-51FD
    Paradigm Legend V.3
    Polk RT16

If anyone is interested in hearing a basic headphone setup, i've got a Schiit Modi2/Magni2 Uber Stack and a pair of $80 ISK HD9999s that i'm really digging. Crazy value for the money.

I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2017
    LAST BUMP.

So everyones on the same page and just to make it easier on everyone I've typed up some info below worth skimming.

If your thinking about coming and haven't let me know, please do so. If you dont have my address let me know and I will add you to the group PM that has it listed as well as my contact information.

**Note** As of now my wifes and her families camping trip is still a go. If that changes, it may interfere with the meet. If that happens I will update this thread ASAP and send out a group message to let folks know what we are doing.

General Information:

House opens at noon. Come when you can, bring what you can :wink:. We will try to work in anything gear wise folks bring as best we can. I apologize in advance should we not get to everything folks bring.

I hope to have 2 different rooms setup, unfortunately they are close together so we may only be able to do audio in one while switching setup in another, or vice versa.

We will just have to play things by ear. If you have something you think folks would like to hear bring it. We can always set stuff up in the loft as a last resort.

Food

I will have some snack foods and if/when folks get hungry for a actual meal we can order pizza from one of the many pizza places around. Throwing in a couple bucks on food would be appreciate but it not a prerequisite for gaining access to the house

Drinks

I will have some 2 liters of Coke, Mountain Dew, and Dr Pepper to drink. Any other soda you want let me know, or bring it. These will be in the fridge for the duration and are open to everyone...

Adult beverages

If you want something else adult beverage wise, bring it. For out of town folks, there is a Walmart off I-74 and State Road 267 that is fairly well stocked, and across the street from it is a Kroger, and there is also a 21st Amendment IIRC nearby as well. Additionally farther South on 267 as you get close to my house there is both a CVS and a Walgreens, and again both have a decent selection of liquors.

I will have a semi decent sized cooler we can load up with stuff that will be either in the kitchen or out back depending. Anything in the Ice Chest will be consider for the group. If you have something specifically just for you, let me know and we can put it in the freezer in the garage or cordon it off somewhere else.

General House Rules and info:

-I would like to ask that shoes get removed at the entryway to keep the carpet as clean as possible.

-If a door is shut and not marked bathroom, dont open it without asking :smile:. I will have signs on all the bathroom doors so there is no confusion, as we want those doors shut when in use :grin:

-You are welcome to smoke, as long as its not inside. You can step out the front door, or out back if needed provided you can handle the dogs (next item)

-I have 3 medium sized dogs, 2 diff terrier mix's and a corgi. They will likely be outside for the duration of the meet baring weather, in which case they will be in their cages in the master bedroom. You are welcome to go outside and pet them if you want, just be warned they will want to sit in your lap or lick your face a lot, especially if you sit down. They haven't met someone they didnt like yet, up to and including @lightman1.

If you are not a dog person, just avoid outside, and if needing a smoke, step out front instead of out back, and you will be fine.

-If you have any specific needs or questions, please dont hesitate to ask me, either via
    PM here, or when you arrive. I will do my best to facilitate those needs.

-Depending on how late folks are still here I am open to throwing together a small bondfire in the backyard around the firepit and will have a small supply of firewood on hand.

Thats all I can think off offhand. I look forward to a good time with good friends, both old and new, and some good tunes.

Tagging those I know said they are coming: @oldrocker @lightman1 @deronb1 @indyhawg @trav0810 @concealer404 ....

And some who said they couldn't just in case things change: @erniejade @kharp1

And some of the other Chicago fellas just in case... @ALL212 @SCompRacer @tonyb

If you see this and your NOT on this list, your not bared from coming at all. I just may not have remembered your close....