Great bands/performers you just can't fall in love with.

Options

Comments

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited March 2017
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

Rush sucks, that's the facts...from a dyed in the wool CANADIAN!!!!!
    Traitor.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,340
    Options
    I'll add another one. Rhianna. Very popular and strong fan base.

You couldn't pay me enough.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Sh**, they almost saved it. There was nothing happening as I recall.
    daddyjt wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Bruce Springsteen destroyed the future of rock and roll

IMHO, The Boss didn't quite kill it - but Nirvana swooped in and drove the death nails...

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Bruce Springsteen destroyed the future of rock and roll

IMHO, The Boss didn't quite kill it - but Nirvana swooped in and drove the death nails...

Good rock bands are expensive to produce, difficult to control, and impossible to maintain for very long. Rappers are comparably cheap to produce, and easy to replace.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • stones89
    stones89 Posts: 229
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

I was never a Dead Head, but those people I knew that were, had a high propensity for a certain herb.

Even that don't help trust me there >:)

I concur ;)
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    Don't like the Stones, The Dead, Jimi Hendrix or the Beatles.

You might as well sell your gear kiddies. It's being wasted on you.

This has to be a joke or a troll thread. Nobody is that lame.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options

Umm, yeah -- no.

https://youtu.be/cb2w2m1JmCY

https://youtu.be/AaeztjcYtis

https://youtu.be/pOePGV9Utrk

https://youtu.be/j0kJdrfzjAg

and, of course, the sine qua non.

https://youtu.be/3FsVeMz1F5c

:)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nirvana I like that style of music but nirvana makes me cringe a bit.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »

It's been awhile since you've said something idiotic. Well done...

It hasn't been very long for you.

You say idiotic things every day so I thought I might as well join the club.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited March 2017
    Options

I know you are but what am I?

Elementary comeback, sir.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

I know you are but what am I?

Elementary comeback, sir.

You forgot to add the "na-na-na-na-na" in your juvenilistic rebuttal there tough guy.

lol
  • Nightfall
    Options
    It was an example of a comeback on the level you initially posted, not my own.

• Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Never mind. If you can't say something nice......
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,340
    Options
    Damn guys. We are better than this. Grow up.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Gatecrasher
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yeah I'm sorry. I took the bait and overreacted.

Rick88 is entitled to his own opinions.

All I know is just about every iconic artist that these guys say they hate are widely recognized as the greatest in rock history.

But I guess we can all agree to disagree.

For instance, I like Rush but am not a real big Neal Peart fan. I think he is way overrated and he wasn't even a member of the band when they made by far their best album (their debut). So I guess we all have our opinions.

But to not like the Stones is sacrilegious in my book!

2mwcaqg.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options

For instance, I like Rush but am not a real big Neal Peart fan. I think he is way overrated and he wasn't even a member of the band when they made by far their best album (their debut).
    While i agree its a great album, John Rutsey was not a great drummer or great song writer. It was his health or lack of it that held him back. He was lucky to live as long as he did according to Geddy and Alex. Go watch the bio if you haven't they spell it out good.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Not to like Bob Dylan is sacrilege in my book, but I understand how some people don't like him. When I was a kid, my friends' older brothers would play his early stuff and I couldn't stand it. Shrieky harmonica, weird vocals. Then somewhere around Blonde On Blonde it came through to me. Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands was an entire album side and it got played over and over and over. Different strokes for different folks. I don't dig the Dead, but I frankly will never understand how anybody could not like Hendrix. Lol. I still remember hearing Are You Experienced for the first time when it came out when I was in junior high and I couldn't believe it, I thought it was a perfect album. Of course, I also thought MC5's Back In The USA was a perfect album back then. I still think The Wind Cries Mary is one of the best songs ever written though. And I know I royally pissed off my old man when I played Electric Ladyland every single day before school for a year straight!
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    Uhhh... disco is just another form of rock 'n' roll dude. All contemporary music is connected.

I like Bob Dylan too. I like a lot of kinds of music.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Disco a form of rock? You can't be serious. It's dance music. More related to funk and soul really.

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    Put me down for The Who and Rolling Stone, they each have a couple songs I love, but those bands don't even make it into greatest hits territory for me. I also know I'm supposed to like Bob Dylan and Neil Young but just don't.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Put me down for The Who and Rolling Stone, they each have a couple songs I love, but those bands don't even make it into greatest hits territory for me. I also know I'm supposed to like Bob Dylan and Neil Young but just don't.

You sound like a "Belieber" to me.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RruWJIJE1UA
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    Just like Billy Joel said, "Everyone's talking 'bout the new sound funny but it's still rock 'n' roll to me."

The Stones are versatile and can play any style music. That's why they are "The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band In The World".
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    You asked for the best, you GOT the BEST!!!!

The HOTTEST band in the WORLD,
    KISS!!!!!!!!!!

• Nightfall
    Options

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    I would argue musicologically that disco per se is not rock and roll in that the former lacks a back beat.

:neutral:
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    You asked for the best, you GOT the BEST!!!!

The HOTTEST band in the WORLD,
    KISS!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny because back when Kiss was actually good the saying was "The Hottest Band In The Land". It was also a title of a book written about them.

It wasn't until later after they had peaked and by most accounts were kind of crappy that they changed it to the "Hottest Band In The World".

Here are two of my most-prized pinball machines:

A 1979 Bally Kiss and a 1980 Bally Rolling Stones both in primo condition....

1zd3lop.jpg