• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    t5v8qygkvx9v.jpg

This had better work
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    You shouldn't have put any Dynamat Xtreme around the center mounting area on the tranny.

The tabs on the Neutrik are .250, you got .187.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Back on the bus :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Make sure to juplmp the 1+/2+ together and jump 1-/2- together per neutrik connector. This way you will use all of the conductors in the sda cable for your mod.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Make sure to juplmp the 1+/2+ together and jump 1-/2- together per neutrik connector. This way you will use all of the conductors in the sda cable for your mod.

@VR3
    How do I do this? Do I run only one of the four wires to each of the four connectors?
    Do I run a small wire from the 1+ to the 2+ and from the 1- to the 2- ?
  • F1nut
    edited April 2017
    Options
    mj9o1nyxr2xq.jpg

It fits!

Which socket did you get because the standard is this one with .250 tabs.

http://www.neutrik.com/en/speakon/speakon-chassis-connectors/nl4mp-uc

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• honestaquarian
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    mj9o1nyxr2xq.jpg

It fits!

Which socket did you get?

As you keep saying the information is here............(*in this thread*)
  • F1nut
    Options
    Well, no. There is too much misinformation and poor examples in this thread and that is a real shame.

President of Club Polk

• honestaquarian
    Options
    Well, no. There is too much misinformation and poor examples in this thread and that is a real shame.

What are you talking about???

(*or are you just trying to pick a fight like you always do??*)
  • F1nut
    Options
    I am alerting future viewers.

Your last comment was uncalled for.

President of Club Polk

• honestaquarian
    Options
    Waaaahhhhhh! :'(:'(
    (*Tito, bring me some tissue. @F1nut stop teasing*)
  • F1nut
    Options
    Do you have a personality disorder?

President of Club Polk

• honestaquarian
    Options
    See there you go again
    You jump onto someone's thread with all of this negativity and you ALWAYS wonder what the other persons problem is.

We have had a cordial relationship for some time now.

Let's keep it that way.

You learned the hard way a year ago how bad an idea it is to go after me, because ANYTHING that you put out I will throw it back at you amplified by an order of magnitude. And I do not care how childish it makes me look. I will come back after you.

Let's keep this cordial and Adult like shall we?

If you do not like what you see here, you DO have the option of ignoring it you know.

Consider this your one and ONLY warning Jesse.

Let's put this aside and move on......
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    :'(:'(:'( TITO!!!

Is that an Eddie Murphy reference?
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    :'(:'(:'( TITO!!!

Is that an Eddie Murphy reference?

Yup!
  • F1nut
    Options
    See there you go again
    You jump onto someone's thread with all of this negativity and you ALWAYS wonder what the other persons problem is.

We have had a cordial relationship for some time now.

Let's keep it that way.

You learned the hard way a year ago how bad an idea it is to go after me, because ANYTHING that you put out I will throw it back at you amplified by an order of magnitude. And I do not care how childish it makes me look. I will come back after you.

Let's keep this cordial and Adult like shall we?

If you do not like what you see here, you DO have the option of ignoring it you know.

Consider this your one and ONLY warning Jesse.

Let's put this aside and move on......

LOL.......in your dreams son and only in your dreams.

Look, the fact is this thread, while you meant well, is actually how not to go about doing the mods. It would be a disservice not to alert others to that.

President of Club Polk

• honestaquarian
    Options
    Now isn't that JUST LIKE A DRUNK to stay up late at night and try to show everyone who will listen how great and grand HE is and how stupid and flawed EVERYONE ELSE is?!?!?

Come on little boy
    Let's BOTH act a fool up in here and get put off of this here forum!!!
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Jealousy is unbecoming of a drunk now Jesse :(
  • F1nut
    Options
    I don't drink, which is a fact that most here already know. That leaves the fool duty all to you.

President of Club Polk

• honestaquarian
    edited April 2017
    Options
    mj9o1nyxr2xq.jpg

It fits!

Which socket did you get because the standard is this one with .250 tabs.

http://www.neutrik.com/en/speakon/speakon-chassis-connectors/nl4mp-uc

Yes that is the exact socket that I got in your edited post with the link and no I do not drink either. Never have. I also do not troll people's threads and pick fights with them and then blame THEM after putting them down.
    @Gatecrasher was right!
  • VR3
    Options
    Million ways to do it, think "bi-wire cables" with the jumpers installed, think single wire + jumpers, etc... no right or wrong
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    @VR3 So if I ran one wire to each of the four connectors, that would work in this particular case?
  • VR3
    Options
    Yes, then put a jumper between 1+/2+ and then 1-/2-
  • honestaquarian
    edited April 2017
    Options
    wkcsod5qayjr.jpg

@VR3 Since I am not as experienced at this as you are I just want to make sure I understand this please. On the left side I can run the purple, Blue, Brown and Gray wires to each of the four connectors on the Neutrik. On the right I can also do the same with the Yellow, Red, Black and Orange wires (*in other words one wire to each connector*) and run a total of two jumper wires per side left and right between the 1+/2+ and 1-/2- on each of the Neutriks correct?

pwunzt4vbmov.jpg

• VR3
    Options
    yes, that is correct, just make sure 1+/2+ is tied together and 1-/2- is tied together.

Your SDA cable is a 4 conductor, 13 awg wire (9 awg)
  • honestaquarian
    edited May 2017
    Options
    prs6l3w8u1z9.jpg
    zey8625ggzci.jpg
    3ue0palouxte.jpg

Well it LOOKS easy enough to do.................until you realize just how out of practice you are because you haven't done it in a few years :s:D
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    edited May 2017
    Options
    well that is a mess... I'm sorry
    Would the twisted pairs NOT fit into the quick connect? I know from experience that you can get the same size quick connect but bigger hole in back for larger wire. You SHOULD HAVE bought the 10-12 gauge size. It also looks like that was not near hot enough to accept the solder, it never flowed into the wire.

THERE I FIXED IT FOR YOU MR. TEACHER...
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    fr102el21se6.jpg

Pretty?
    No
    Functional?
    Yes
    1+ and 2+ top and bottom jumped together.
    1- and 2- side to side jumped together.
This discussion has been closed.