• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,888
    Options
    Who would have thought.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I think I got a woody. American muscle baby.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    ^^^Yep.

Although I'd like to see that Vette up against a ... Porsche Boxster. o:)
    Sal Palooza
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Not surprising, the Vette has much more torque than the Lambo, especially at those speeds and gear.

Park both on the street and see which one attracts the most fur. The Lambo wins hands down....lol.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,874
    Options
    I'd take Corvette every day and twice on Sunday.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    Options
    Is that a stock vette?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Is that a stock vette?

Maybe a zo6...but I doubt it. The new zo6 would give almost any Lamborghini a run for its money however.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet that vette has quite a bit of work done. Don't get me wrong it's still a fast car in stock form.
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited January 2017
    Options
    For any vehicle to pull away at highway speeds, has to have had some work done. The audio does not pick up the sound of a supercharger, so I must guest that some type of twin tubo kit has been installed. You don't even hear the exhaust of the vette, which would give you some insight of the torque (power band) being applied.

https://youtu.be/7AD89qWF5E0
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    Not surprising, the Vette has much more torque than the Lambo, especially at those speeds and gear.

Park both on the street and see which one attracts the most fur. The Lambo wins hands down....lol.

He said fur, huhuhu
    :p

humpty dumpty was pushed
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    Options
    This is one of my favs, lambo vs farm truck
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSqACwG6Wy8
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    You can find a video of just about any cheaper car beating a more expensive car in a straight line.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Honda Civic crushing a Lambo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6DoW77OaA

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I was just at the dealership looking at the 2017 Buick LaCrosse. They had several used and custom Vette's on the floor as the owner is a Vette enthusiast. The color combo of this '10 ZR1 just spoke to me! Just a cool $63.4k p5e1hffrblum.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Definitely not a stock Z06, It may have beaten it in a straight line, but once a corner comes consider that corvette smoked. Only took Chevrolet 63 years to figure out how to make a corvette handle.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• lightman1
    Options
    u7awxc13l8id.jpg

Still an American classic nameplate.
    Come March.....I'll be behind the wheel.
    The Z06 will kick my arse.... but I'll cross the lights in style. B)
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    I was just at the dealership looking at the 2017 Buick LaCrosse. They had several used and custom Vette's on the floor as the owner is a Vette enthusiast. The color combo of this '10 ZR1 just spoke to me! Just a cool $63.4k p5e1hffrblum.jpg

I love the look of the new vets. Niiiccceee!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• lightman1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I drove the Caddy CTS-V....Just for puups and giggles the sales associate and I took it out. Stooopid! Once we came back to the yard, I said NO!
  • Nightfall
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I drove the Caddy CTS-V....Just for puups and giggles the sales associate and I took it out. Stooopid! Once we came back to the yard, I said NO!

Best production car Cadillac has ever made.

• lightman1
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

Best production car Cadillac has ever made.

For the sticker price and the Daytona 24 hours pedigree.....yes.
    That model I drove had a window sticker of $102,000. Kickass.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    You can get a decent pair of speakers, with change, for that much. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • lightman1
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    You can get a decent pair of speakers, with change, for that much. :)

True. But it took me a while to get here Bud. ;)
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Two pair of the S5 v2. I was thinking of the M3 at $75K, or the S7 at $60K.

This is a problem I am having now. I would like a new car, but can't rationalize the money just to sit in stop and go traffic to and from work.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    Options
    Fast is one thing but sometimes a car is more than that.

I would take the lambo.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,874
    Options
    If you're going for status there are better choices.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    edited January 2017
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Two pair of the S5 v2. I was thinking of the M3 at $75K, or the S7 at $60K.

This is a problem I am having now. I would like a new car, but can't rationalize the money just to sit in stop and go traffic to and from work.

You could do worse than an M3, especially if you're a driver (vs. owner): http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a28744/this-video-is-further-proof-that-driver-skill-trumps-horsepower/
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • BlueFox
    Options
    LOL. Sorry. My mistake. I meant the Magico M3, not the BMW. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    qbctzd5o2bim.jpg

I made my choice back in August
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX