How I have the SDA SRS 2's wired

Options
I just wanted to check on a few things I guess I do not exactly understand. I have a real problem with overthinking some things so here go's. Posted not to long ago about a friend who brought me a real prize. Two SDA SRS 2's he picked up (thanks Henry). Wanted to put dampening materiel on the drivers and hurricane nuts as well as new socket head screws in. Took pictures when I first took the drivers out to epoxy them however that does not mean that they were all wired up correctly to start with. The epoxy job and the hurricane nut job with the socket heads went fine. All cleaned up and ready to go, wires marked images taken. However this is when I started to second guess myself. Seeing that someone had went in and did a very poor job of soldering mid woofer wires to the left speaker crossover network (had to re solder correctly, guess the factory connector failed) I started to wonder if taking all those pictures was a waste of time if someone had decided to do some more work that I was not at all trusting. So, went and DL the drawing for SDA-SRS 2 and looked it over. Now I am confused for sure because what i saw there was there the 6510s were to be used on the outsides of both speaker as the dimensional mid woofer and the 6511"s were to be used on the inside of both speakers for the stereo circuit. I did not understand that. I looked up the drawing I had for my SDA 2b's and the outside dimensional is the 6511. For some reason I thought that the 6511 was always mounted on the farthest outside as the dimensional. I would like to know if I am just reading this wrong somehow or if I have it right please. This is the way I have the speakers wired, looking directly at the front of each speaker.

Left SRS 2 Speaker

Left side mid woofers Tweeters Right side mid woofers
6510 Blue + Green - Top Black + White - 6511 Black+ White-
6510 Blue + Green - Bottom Blue + Green - 6511 Black+ White-

Right SRS 2 Speaker

Left side mid woofers Tweeters Right side mid woofers
6511 Black+ White- Top Black+ White- 6510 Blue + Green -
6511 Black+ White- Bottom Blue+ Green- 6510 Blue + Green-

And please please tell me the deal with the 6511..I really did think for some reason that they were only used for dimensional.

This is what happens when your a noob like me I suppose. Thanks . BTW, I did a preview of this post and for some reason I cant seem to get it to format where the words in the wiring part are not stacked together real close like that so my apology.

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    If I recall correctly the 6510 is a stereo driver. 6511 being the dimensional. Could be wrong but don't think I am.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,806
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Which do you have Pin/blade or blade/blade? The schematic does put the 6510 in the dimensional and 6511in the stereo position. The other schematic does not list the drivers. I was thinking the the first gen was all 6509's like the sda1b. See if you can find gimpods link it may be worth checking. Raif (darqueknight) did the links for the SDA's I can't see him making that mistake.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Which do you have Pin/blade or blade/blade? The schematic does put the 6510 in the dimensional and 6511in the stereo position. The other schematic does not list the drivers. I was thinking the the first gen was all 6509's like the sda1b. See if you can find gimpods link it may be worth checking. Raif (darqueknight) did the links for the SDA's I can't see him making that mistake.

Interesting. So depending on the crossover the 6510 will take a dimensional role? I was under the impression that if it is a stereo driver it is in that role for all the speakers that have the driver.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The 4th Gen SRS-2s, use two 6510s wired in parallel for the dimensional side, 4 ohm nominal, and two 6511s is series for the stereo side, 8 ohms nominal.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,235
    Options

I have the Pin Blade model. This is the schematic I am looking at.5l0jnhj7y8id.png
  • westmassguy
    Options
    VSAT88 wrote: »

I have the Pin Blade model. This is the schematic I am looking at.5l0jnhj7y8id.png

Yes I know. If you look, the 6510s are in parallel, and the 6511s are in series, like I said.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • westmassguy
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

Yes I know. If you look, the 6510s are in parallel, and the 6511s are in series, like I said.

Aw shucks...I can even see that connection in the schematic...I must be gettin smrt nowadays!
    It's a journey brother......
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • VSAT88
    Options

My bad. I guess I posted at the same time you did. OK, I guess that means that the 6510 drivers go on the outside of the cabs with the 6511s on the inside of both. So, all of my black and white wiring go to the 6511s on both speakers and the blue and green wires go to the outside of the cabs to the 6510s Right ?

h5f9v2sjj6ji.png
    Could you please tell me what the letters LF stand for in the diagram ?
  • westmassguy
    Options
    LF = Low Frequency
    Black/White or Black/Green Stereo
    Blue/White or Blue/Green Dimensional
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • VSAT88
    Options
    LF = Low Frequency
    Black/White or Black/Green Stereo
    Blue/White or Blue/Green Dimensional

Thank you, I had the suspicion that is what it meant. I hope this thread will help others as time go's on. I kid you not I searched and searched over and over because I did not want to bother anyone with a simple question like this. I could not find this information anywhere. I thought I read between the lines good enough as they sound just fine and all the SDA checks I put them thru seemed to work. Thanks all
  • westmassguy
    Options
    You're welcome, enjoy.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,806
    edited October 2016
    Options

Interesting. So depending on the crossover the 6510 will take a dimensional role? I was under the impression that if it is a stereo driver it is in that role for all the speakers that have the driver.

Well if you look at the SDA 2.3tl it uses all mw6510 ....
  • VSAT88
    Options

Well if you look at the SDA 2.3tl it uses all mw6510 ....

I would not know, wish I did, maybe one day right ? I will say this it is great to know that you guys were good enough to help and now I do know for a fact that a 6511 MW is not always the dimensional driver for SDA speakers !