"How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,That has such people in't! "

Options
Old William may have had to re-evaluate that viewpoint if he could have looked into the future.

Snagged off of Yahoo:
(I'm kind of partial to #19. I could have told her where puppies come from)

Meanwhile;
THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS:

1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

2. " They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

BE AWARE ...

THEY WALK AMONG US and THEY VOTE!
Sal Palooza

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited July 2016
    Options
    These have to be made up.
    "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

"I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

I mean, really.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Dem' dat's aight, many years back a buddy of mine called me from Cancun one 4th of July cracking up....he thought it would be a great place celebrate July 4th :D:D:D:D:D ..'der wornt no fireworks :D:D:D

Here's your sign

True story
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    And 'Mericans wonders why we remove certain items from their possession when they come to Canada...this just makes it more believable!

Hey man......#ALM !!!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Anytime you have to deal with the general public, it's an eye opener to just how blatantly stupid people really are. Down right scary if you ask me. Funny stuff there though....fish in the water.....skeeters, too many Spanish people in Spain, LMAO !!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Oh no, I work in hotels, I assure you I have heard many of these, and worse! People are often amazing, and not in the wonderful way!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    How can a beach be "too sandy"?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    In theory I am a fan of democracy. When I really think about how stupid so many people are, I have to wonder if Plato wasn't right after all...democracy is one step away from tyranny!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,876
    Options
    How can a beach be "too sandy"?

The ocean was too wet for me.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I believe they called this the "Ugly American"! Something we should KNOW a lot about at this point in time. Probably worth another look??
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

I dated a hairdresser briefly many moons ago. Good to see the genome is still thriving. ;)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Maybe Hobbs was right...
  • tonyb
    Options
    Yeah, wishful thinking X, you know they do.

You didn't tell me there would be fish in the water.....spicy curry laden food in India. LOL

All those comments have to be from Americans, most anyway. Too much sand.....on a beach....WAAAA !!! If your traveling, do you do nothing in research as to where your going and what to expect.....and prepare for ?? Obviously not.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Wife and I were on vacation years ago and we overheard a lady complaining that the Sea Water was too salty for her taste...she was serious
  • tonyb
    Options
    Wife and I were on vacation years ago and we overheard a lady complaining that the Sea Water was too salty for her taste...she was serious

She drinks sea water on a regular basis does she ? What a maroon....

Topless women distracting husband from relaxing.....isn't that exactly how men relax ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Funny list.

Some of them may not be too far out there.

- Beaches can have different colored sand depending on the minerals, pebbles, and other particles in it. Tropical locations often have coral and limestone that makes them more white in color. Some people dream about these "white" beaches as if they are from some heavenly place (even though the coral is from fish ****). So I guess arriving there and having the beaches yellow could be a let down. Still, complaining about it is a 1st world problem.

- Comments about non-English speaking could be justified if they are more of a warning than a complaint. There is at-times a huge disparity between the number of English speaking nationals in high tourist locations between countries. For instance, traveling in Germany is relatively easy since a significant portion of Germans nationals know English. This isn't the same for places like Spain and Italy. Even within a country the chances of finding English speaking nationals varies depending on how popular the place is a tourist site. So if the comment is a warning to prep visitors then that is OK, but complaining about it is ignorant.

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Reminds me of a resort I was at once...ONCE...never went back!

They served us soup as part of our lunch. It was so F'n hot, I burned my lips and tongue! :p Ouch! After lunch, they gave us ice cream. It was WAY too cold! I was famished - probably 'cuz I hadn't eaten any soup - so I ate it really fast. Then, I got one mother of a headache! :s Oh, man, I was SO pi$$ed!