Digital source - recs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    Options
    haimoc wrote: »
    I admire you, Joey. Are you going to get it?

Hey bud

I have the Emm stack on hold now... Going to complete the sale on Monday.

Problem is... I kinda haven't told the wifey the damage...
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Just a dac and a transport. I can hook up a streamer later
    Based on your requirement, within your budget I would try to get an audition of a Vitus RCD-101. That is a true balanced SACD player with a heavily modified Sony drive and array of digital inputs (incl: DSD support without the need for drivers). The RCD-101 is based on sample rate conversion like the Signature series player & retains the essential Vitus dna, which is non-digital and very analogue-like sounding imho.

Thanks

Speaking of cool stuff, right now I'm in Chicago... Going to look for a vitus dealer. But for sure I'm going to stop by audio consultants. They have Boulder BW and Wilson... Hoping they have the Alexx...

Not in the budget but we can dream can't we?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Joey_V, I like the Emm gear, though it is typically Canadian sounding (ie: clean, smooth, detailed). I think you'd find Vitus more analogue sounding & surprisingly resolving and musical for its price point. I can't speak for Lampi or Berkeley as I haven't heard those products, though they lack a drive which you said you wanted.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Joey likes that Canadian gear... It's good ****! :sunglasses:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Joey likes that Canadian gear... It's good ****! :sunglasses:

Canada ftw
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    My Simaudio is from CA
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Stereophile just did a review of Ron'd DAC. but after hearing them at LSAF with those C4 speakers and those mono-block amps I don't need to read their review to know how awesome it sounds!

It a good thing Joey didnt show up and hear them or he would probably sell off all his gear and buy Ron's ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,875
    Options
    I like the Emm gear, though it is typically Canadian sounding (ie: clean, smooth, detailed).

That's right up your alley Joey as evidenced by the love of B&W speakers.
    I think you'd find Vitus more analogue sounding & surprisingly resolving and musical for its price point.

That's right up my alley as evidenced by my love of SDA's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Options
    Soon I'll have the EMM.... then an A/B against this Cary 306 to see what's what.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Soon I'll have the EMM.... then an A/B against this Cary 306 to see what's what.

Good luck!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Joey_V
    Options
    halo wrote: »

Good luck!

Yeah good luck to me.... I had to sorta break the news to the wife the other day... oh man, did I land in hot water.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Bah.....you can just steal ointment from the hospital to take care of the hot water burns.
    Don't play this off as "something serious" you sissy. B)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    halo wrote: »

Good luck!

Yeah good luck to me.... I had to sorta break the news to the wife the other day... oh man, did I land in hot water.

I picked up a second sub the other day, snuck it into the basement while she was walking the dogs, she came down to listen with me and didn't even notice there are 2 now. Lol gotta love that girl.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    Options
    That's a good deal. I went and picked up a sub a few weeks ago. It was an SVS PC-13. I let her know about it beforehand and still was flayed.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Paradoxex wrote: »
    That's a good deal. I went and picked up a sub a few weeks ago. It was an SVS PC-13. I let her know about it beforehand and still was flayed.

I thought about getting subs. I would like a 6 pack of SVS SB13Ultra.... but that's kinda hard to sneak through.
  • Joey_V
    edited July 2016
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Bah.....you can just steal ointment from the hospital to take care of the hot water burns.
    Don't play this off as "something serious" you sissy. B)

Hah!

She was like... "what happened to your audio budget? Aren't you bankrupt?"

(I just told her about the DAC... the transport is next couple of months... she's going to kill me)
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    she's going to kill me

haha...I am like please adopt me before that happen, Joey! I will take good care of your toys. promise!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • Joey_V
    Options
    megasat16 wrote: »
    she's going to kill me

haha...I am like please adopt me before that happen, Joey! I will take good care of your toys. promise!

Wait a minute... so you get adopted, I get killed... and you take everything?
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    megasat16 wrote: »
    she's going to kill me

Wait a minute... so you get adopted, I get killed... and you take everything?

As far as I know, dead man don't need anything? I am not 100% sure about that though.

But it is my sincere wish that you don't get killed but I got adopted and you'll leave my name in your will for all your audio toys?

lol
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin: