Taylo Reference Monitors For Sale!

Options
Got a set of Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitors for sale. They are in great condition. Look and sound fantastic! No scratches or scuffs. Selling for financial reasons. My loss is your gain. Will sacrifice for only $950 shipped within the USA! Have the original boxes too. ALL reasonable offers considered. No low ballers please. If interested, then please send me a PM. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

The way one uses a product is a much more SIGNIFICANT factor than which product(s) he uses.

Comments

• polkyphil38
    polkyphil38 Posts: 447
    Options
    rlwnyymbm33o.jpg
    9zcmy1m36zso.jpg
    0us43cdhdedb.jpg
    gh9csf15lc1t.jpg
    yaocuyalnxfg.jpg
    mwixci44ycan.jpg
    The way one uses a product is a much more SIGNIFICANT factor than which product(s) he uses.
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    36t254upkbi0.jpg
    5ta6eglraohk.jpg
    38qydmlkx4iu.jpg
    rb3ln8vm2fgh.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Nice speaks. Where are you located Phil?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    If my memory serves he's in southern IN near Louisville, KY.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Somebody's got a sweet tooth!

Beautiful speakers Phil! Love the simple design and the front port. Is the one speaker's finish a little lighter under the grill or is the camera playing tricks? I know some wood (like cherry) darkens in sunlight.

They look minty!
  • polkyphil38
    Options

I am in Western Kentucky right across the Ohio River from Evansville, Indiana. These are beautiful speakers both in sound and in looks. They both look identical, but I am no photographer. I suppose it is the light playing tricks. It seems I either have too much light or not enough. But, in persona they look the same.

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options

In Western Kentucky directly across the Ohio River from Evansville, Indiana.

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    If my memory serves he's in southern IN near Louisville, KY.

Very good memory. Louisville, is 2-hours away from me. I am directly across the Ohio River from Evansville, Indiana but on the Kentucky side. Evansville is 10-miles north of me.

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    The Taylos use a 1" ScanSpeak Revelator Tweeter and a 6 1/2" Seas Magnesium Mid. Each weighs in at a little over 38 lbs. The cabinets are 1 1/2" thick and are built like tanks. The better the electronics you put to them, the better they sound. Good recording are absolutely fantastic sounding. But, poor recordings not so much. The Taylos will remind you what is and what is NOT recorded well. The Taylos like power. Just saying folks.......these are certainly the real deal!

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    The drivers are worth the price of admission. I've never heard a speaker with these drivers I did not fancy. Great drivers = great sound.

Who's buying them?

Yes, the Taylos have some of the best drivers in the world. The ScanSpeak Revelator Tweeter is pretty much the best Dome tweeter that I have ever heard. The Linbrooks use the Seas Millennium Tweeters that are just as impressive. The Seas magnesium drivers though are the best mids that I have heard period!

Cheers,

Phil
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    I miss the ones I had. That is a speaker I should never have sold.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

Looks like this is your chance to right the mistake.
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

These are in very good condition. The ONLY reason I am selling is for financial reasons. YOU can NOT even build these for my price. The drivers alone would cost more than $950. Then, the cabinet costs, as well as, crossover components. These are a steal really.

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    These are still available!

Cheers,

Phil
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Do these come with the stands? Are they the Tyler stands?
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »

No, these do NOT come w/stands. Mine are 24" HiVi stands and really are NOT suited for the Taylos. The reason being, the Taylos weigh in at 38-lbs. each and the top plate of my stands are very thin. They were on there temporarily. Ty can build you some stands for the Taylos, but they cost like $400 a set. The stands that I have can be purchased here:

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/speaker-stands/hivi-acoustics-accessories

Anyways, these are still for sale. If you have any more questions, then feel free to ask away! Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options

Not sure what happened to m post, but I will redo it. The stands do not come w/the Taylos. They are not really suited for the Taylos because the top plate is much too thin for them. The Taylos weigh in at 38-lbs. each. Here is a link for my HiVi stands:

Ty can build you a set of stands for $400 a set. Have seen them in person and they are very nice. If you have any further questions, then please let me know. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options

Not sure what happened to m post, but I will redo it. The stands do not come w/the Taylos. They are not really suited for the Taylos because the top plate is much too thin for them. The Taylos weigh in at 38-lbs. each. Here is a link for my HiVi stands:

Ty can build you a set of stands for $400 a set. Have seen them in person and they are very nice. If you have any further questions, then please let me know. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    Options
    We get it! We get it!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Phil's been in the bottle this morning. He'll figure it out when he sobers up.
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    Paradoxex wrote: »
    We get it! We get it!

Yeah, my computer has been acting a bit odd the last couple of days. It looked like my reply was not being posted. That is why I rewrote it a few times. Not trying to confuse anyone. These are still very much for sale!

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

LOL no it is more from a lack of sleep. No really my computer has been acting a bit odd the last few days. Working on it as we speak.

Cheers,

Phil
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Sometimes the Vanilla software delays posting posts that have links in them. I'm sure that's what happened.

Nice speakers, good luck with your sale!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    Sometimes the Vanilla software delays posting posts that have links in them. I'm sure that's what happened.

Nice speakers, good luck with your sale!

Thanks for the info. Hope that is all it was. But, my computer has been acting a bit odd. Have a buddy that is a computer guy. He will come and check it out for me. Thanks for your kind words!

Cheers,

Phil
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    'Yeah, my computer has been acting a bit odd the last couple of days..."

Mine too. Kind of moody. I just know she's going to break up with me. There goes my sex life!
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    'Yeah, my computer has been acting a bit odd the last couple of days..."

Mine too. Kind of moody. I just know she's going to break up with me. There goes my sex life!

4 real....LOL!!!! Sometimes life sucks....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    Options

LOL no it is more from a lack of sleep. No really my computer has been acting a bit odd the last few days. Working on it as we speak.

Cheers,

Phil

When my puter acts up, I've determined a hammer is the best fix it tool. :)

• polkyphil38
    Options
    footwedge wrote: »

Cheers,

Phil

When my puter acts up, I've determined a hammer is the best fix it tool. :)

Naw I just use WD40......just spray it on and it usually fixes anything.....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    Folks, these are still available! Really are a steal at my asking price. The Taylos can NOT even be made for my asking price. The drivers alone are more than my asking price. That is NOT counting the cabinets and/or X-over components. Need to move these for financial reasons.

Cheers,

Phil
  • polkyphil38
    Options
    ALL reasonable offers will be considered! Need to move these. Have a great 4th of July weekend folks! Play it safe!

Cheers,

Phil