Emerald Physics CS2

Options

Comments

• daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    Options
    It's a pretty simple passive crossover. Still needs break in but sounds pretty damn good to these ears. I do still have the Behringer that can go with them. I'll throw it in for a good price.
  • daboyz
    Options
    Hey, Chris. Tried to pm you but it crashes my phone. :(
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Been having issues with trying to PM on mobile and on vacation right now. I'll try and send you a PM tonight when I can get on a regular computer.
  • daboyz
    Options
    Still here. I've still got the Behringer and the passive x'over. Make me an offer. ( nothing stupid :))
  • daboyz
    Options
    Screw it. I'm keeping them. Ya'll want to hear what you're missing,come on by. :)
    Buy my Lsi25's.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Atta boy! If you find yourself in NC.. CS2p in da house.
  • daboyz
    Options
    Will do! Bummed I missed ya'll when you were here.
  • daboyz
    Options
    Ok people. Have my eyes on a different prize. Would like a quick sale with the passive x'over. I still have the Behringer, too.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Damn I need these to finally start putting together my 2 ch room. I'm right down the road too... but I've been struggling to get to the next step....but I do see Emerald Physics in my future. The time is not now but coming. I can't wait to listen to their room again in April at AXPONA.

Great price to performance here! One has to love the 6moons review where he said these had the detail of his $17,979 Tidal Audio Piano Ref speakers. Crazy Good!

GLWTS!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • daboyz
    Options
    The tires are being kicked by a couple folk but nothing solid. I'd really like to move these and try to keep them in the family. Will consider offers.
  • daboyz
    Options
    Serious enquiries can pm me for a special Polkie price. Would like to sell.
  • daboyz
    Options
  • lightman1
    Options
    Dammit, Dave......
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,546
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Dammit, Dave......

Chicago is only 3 hours from my house.... and I'm sure Dave could meet in Crown Point, IN....

And I'm sure you could convince with very little effort a Polkie in Brownsburg to go with you to get them in his Murano.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Dammit, Dave......

Chicago is only 3 hours from my house.... and I'm sure Dave could meet in Crown Point, IN....

And I'm sure you could convince with very little effort a Polkie in Brownsburg to go with you to get them in his Murano.....

That sounds like a plan. But I already own a set of CS2p....
    Dammit, Dave was for the killer deal someone is getting on a great set of speakers.
    Somebody buy these!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    These speakers are a lot of fun with a big sound stage
    Comes with good support
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    Options
    I almost bought them a few times. Because of the with of them, I could not figure out how to make the size work in my room.

Hey my mom lives in crown point and thats about an hour ish from me. If you all need help, let me know.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    I almost bought them a few times. Because of the with of them, I could not figure out how to make the size work in my room.

Hey my mom lives in crown point and thats about an hour ish from me. If you all need help, let me know.

Lol think we are good.

Lightman has em already and no way I can make em work in my setup (I thought about em many times myself lol)...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    Options
    I moved my stuff around a few times in hopes of getting the wideness of them to fit but no luck.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • daboyz
    Options
    Russ is mad at me. Thinks I'm nuts. Probably am. :)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »

Your member picture seems to fit you well :grin:

• lightman1
    Options

Not mad at you, buddy. Just the dopes here that won't buy your speakers.
    They do need a good size room to work in.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I'm the dope! I need to figure this out.

Silly Me, I'm thinking about these for my living room with no stereo currently in it. Its not the best in terms of distance from the back wall which has windows. I would have to pull them out just for listening and push them to the wall when not in use.

However, the better idea would be my family room which is much better suited to get them 3ft from the back wall. Plus there are no issues with the Mrs. installing wall treatments, etc. Its would still be a stretch ...they might stick out too far. I will need to mock it up tonight. The plus is that these have the dynamics for movies also and I could build a DIY center using smaller pro drivers.

Do I really want to abandon my Statement II build? The parts alone are about $1600 before wood and finishing. Hummm.....

I'm going to take some measurements later tonight.....
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • daboyz
    Options
  • daboyz
    Options
    No one wants to keep in the family? Last and best price via pm.
  • daboyz
    Options
    After about 8 months and over 1400 views these finally found a new home.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    After about 8 months and over 1400 views these finally found a new home.

Nice!!!

Congrats on the sale!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    a home within the forum?
    [
  • daboyz
    Options