sub woofer into another device

Once I re wired my Klipsch sub w/ double braided coax and the right fittings the thing never sounded so good. Well so good I questioned whether my 2Bs were lacking in bass and most say no just hearing better placement. Now I use only 1 of the red/white female ports to my Yamaha RX-V-665sbwofer input. If I got a preamp w/ a sub out could I use the other port and bolster my 2 chll doing it that way. I also have some kind of Monster Cable Y-connector for subs I think for adding another to the mix.
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited April 2016
    You can Y into another sub, as long as you have headroom in your sub settings to increase a little, since the split will decrease voltage going to the first sub in half. Adding a identical sub doesn't add volume due to that voltage decrease unless you have more volume available in you settings.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable